Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

1 members and 3,283 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User littlemaxbigworld's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking for aesthetic set-up photos!

I’m awaiting my girl’s T8 to arrive. I’ve had her for years and I’ve had her husbandry down very well so that’s not really what I’m here for. I have another thread in husbandry just for new tips with AP - mostly how to set up the thermostat probe with the new RHP - but I really just want to see your tank setup!

Their comfort and husbandry of course is top priority. No decorations with holes to get stuck in. Identical hides. Etc. But show me your super cute tanks! Especially APs! I super enjoy having a cute (or badass!) set up that’s as equally functional as it is pretty and fun and awesome to look at. Give me some new inspiration my friends!

Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to littlemaxbigworld For This Useful Post:

LyraIsGray (05-19-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    You can set up a cage the way you want to set it up as long as the animal's basic needs are met.

There is nothing "Cute or badass" about a cage to your snake. Reptiles don't care what our interpretation of their natural environment is. I prefer naturalistic caging (my interpretation) that provides my animals certain options, but the decor and overall look of the housing is for my benefit.

I do feel offering climbing options can allow exercise opportunities that a snake won't get if you only offer a flat and sterile environment.

Every species I keep here is semi arboreal, however even the Royal python cage (top right) has perches and they are used from time to time.

If you have the husbandry set up correctly, you are open to experiment with different decor.

Find out what you like and make sure the snake ins't stressed by the changes. Some things may actually enrich the animal's life and some changes may only make your display look nicer to you and others.

Have fun and good luck.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Bodie (05-17-2020),Bogertophis (05-19-2020),Caitlin (05-20-2020),jmcrook (05-17-2020),LyraIsGray (05-19-2020),rock (05-18-2020)

Thanks

Re: Looking for aesthetic set-up photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    You can set up a cage the way you want to set it up as long as the animal's basic needs are met.

There is nothing "Cute or badass" about a cage to your snake. Reptiles don't care what our interpretation of their natural environment is. I prefer naturalistic caging (my interpretation) that provides my animals certain options, but the decor and overall look of the housing is for my benefit.

I do feel offering climbing options can allow exercise opportunities that a snake won't get if you only offer a flat and sterile environment.

Every species I keep here is semi arboreal, however even the Royal python cage (top right) has perches and they are used from time to time.

If you have the husbandry set up correctly, you are open to experiment with different decor.

Find out what you like and make sure the snake ins't stressed by the changes. Some things may actually enrich the animal's life and some changes may only make your display look nicer to you and others.

Have fun and good luck.
    Thanks for the photos and input! The aesthetic is of course for viewing pleasure. I’ve noticed over time on the board that some people are purely functional and like storage tubs while others like full functionality in addition to something pleasant to look at. I won’t be changing her tank right away for sure. Same hides, same decor and plants, and the additions or changes will be gradual over time both as she adjusts and as I kind of decide what direction I want to go. Her comfort and security and health is for sure top priority, I’ve just seen that there’s definitely ways to achieve both. I also very much enjoy looking at other people’s set ups. It’s fun! I’ve got stuff for her to climb on now but I’m looking forward to being able to fit more, uh, activities is the wrong word. Enrichment! There we go lol she’s outgrown her exoterra and deserves a happier, more stable and reliable permanent home. She seems happy. Constantly hides. Eats great. Perfect sheds. So she seems pretty content and I want to keep that going, but she’s due for an upgrade for sure.

Thanks again!!

Thanks

Here's my t8 setup. Sorry, the top of the cage is a bit of a catch-all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Southpaw91 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-19-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw91 View Post
    Here's my t8 setup. Sorry, the top of the cage is a bit of a catch-all.

Super cute! I’m so excited. Are those live potted plants? Also what kind of thermometer is in there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlemaxbigworld View Post
    Super cute! I’m so excited. Are those live potted plants? Also what kind of thermometer is in there?
    Yes! I have live potted pothos. They are not growing super fast in the low light conditions but they are also not dying! And they help boost humidity. I have AcuRite 00613digital thermometers in there.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LivingDeadGirl For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-19-2020)

Thanks

This is still a bioactive enclosure despite her killing some of the plants by de-rooting them and pushing them against the CHE

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Absololol For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-19-2020)

Thanks

She does have a t5 shadedweller as well but it's on a day/night cycle and it's currently midnight.. At least this new plant hasn't been killed yet

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Absololol For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-19-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Absololol View Post
    This is still a bioactive enclosure despite her killing some of the plants by de-rooting them and pushing them against the CHE

Noodles be feisty! I have some plant decorations that she will always knock over no matter what I do haha. How has having a bio active home for her been going? My roommate has one for her crested geckos. It’s a cute idea but I don’t think it’s something I’d personally invest the time in, although she swears it’s easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absololol View Post
    She does have a t5 shadedweller as well but it's on a day/night cycle and it's currently midnight.. At least this new plant hasn't been killed yet

I haven’t heard of those! I just looked it up a bit. What does it do for her enclosure and stuff? New things! Learn me stuff haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast