Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,237

2 members and 3,235 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 19,918 Times in 11,900 Posts
    It's all relative to the size of snake's home and the size of the snake. But wide-body snakes (like BPs & my rosy boa) like to stretch out horizontally, so this "ladder" is to
    allow that, while they can climb up thru it, it's for laying on sideways. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you...& your snake will probably use it anyway, at least while he's small.

The "ladders" I made & am using are for adult snakes...my rosy boa is over 3', & the space between the rungs is roughly 3" or a bit more. When this "ladder" leans in her
    30-40 gal. tank, it replaces other branches or climbing things (though she also has a branch that goes diagonally thru the ladder the other direction). It's all about giving
    snakes traction...stuff to grip onto for security & exercising their "abs". Anyway, not to worry, I bet he'll love what you designed- after all, he's been winging it anyway.
    Snakes naturally like to weave in & out to hang onto things...you'll probably come up with things I haven't thought of either.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Kerimac (05-14-2020)