Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,310

1 members and 3,309 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Medical advise on male, crusted cloaca

Yesterday I had this little did out and looked him over since it’s been a little while since giving him a good look over. I do handle all my animals Atleast once per week, but just noticed his cloaca this last time. I am say I don’t always look at their cloacas too close. Usually a quick once over on the belly.

But any ideas why he would be crusting up their? I put some bactricicine (however it’s spelled) antibiotic on it to try moistens it and keeping it from drying out more. The rest of him looks good. Right now I’m planning on applying the ointment until he sheds and see if he heals out I’m of it during his next shed cycle.

I know it’ll be asked, so. He’s kept in a 41qt tub with aspen bedding,hot spot is 88-89*, cool side is upper 70s, this fluctuates a bit depending on room temp but I have a heater on the thermostat keeping it no lower than 75* but occasionally climbs to 80* on warm days. Humidity hangs in the 50% most of the time and they get sprayed w he going into shed or it gets more dry than normal.

He has been paired with a couple females which I saw 2 locks this last winter but hasn’t been paired with a female for a couple months.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Medical advise on male, crusted cloaca

I dont know anything about crusty cloaca but hes super pretty. Is he an enchi banana?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Thank you. He sure is. He’s is about 2years old now. I was hoping to get some locks from him this year and try to prove out if he is her for clown also. But he didn’t want to breed. 1 or two locks total was all I saw.

His cloaca is looking a bit better outing on a little dab of antibiotic every day or two. He also has at tree going into a shed cycle. So I’ll be able to see if it has healed up after his shed.

Kyle

Thanks
    Thanked 19,830 Times in 11,847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kroberts10 View Post
    ... going into a shed cycle. So I’ll be able to see if it has healed up after his shed...

Let's hope so.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

He shed out yesterday afternoon. There was a bit more blood than normal from the scab coming off, but today he looks as good as new. I put a dab of antibiotics on the cloaca last night when I saw he shed, since it was sort of an open wound. And today it looks fine. You can see on his shed the scab from his cloaca. I’ll still keep a closer eye on him than normal. But I’m glad that just letting him go through the shed cycle was enough to recover.

Kyle

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kroberts10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-14-2020),dr del (05-17-2020)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Dumb question, have you seen him trying to breed his waterbowl? Two years old an it's breeding season.
    Last edited by 303_enfield; 05-14-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks
    It looks like shed hemipenes.

Thanks

I havnt noticed him trying to breed his water bowl. Not saying he hasn’t tried though. I did try to pair him up to a couple females but with no good luck. I saw one lock and that was it. The main female I was trying to pair with never ended up ovulating. She was definitely doing her normal building routine, but nothing happened. She’s still on her fast too.

It is possible it was hemipenes sheds that were stuck from last time he shed that caused issues. But I’ve never seen that on any of my other males.

Kyle