Let me preface this by saying that I don't plan on getting into really building my collection or adding anything bigger than a BP until I'm in a place large enough for a designated reptile room and in a long enough term lease that I don't have to consider moving their enclosures for a long, long time. I just want to feel out exactly what I'd be getting into in the future, since bloods have been on my radar as a snake I'd like to have in the future for quite a while now.

• How do their bites compare to ball pythons? Large colubrids? Is it really as bad as a lot of people tend to say it is? I've heard a lot of things about them being feisty and as with every snake I plan for the worst attitude and hope for the best, lol, so I'm under no illusion that I'm never going to get bitten?

• How do you determine body condition? Just, genuine question, I know my balls should never look like bloods... but what shouldn't a blood look like?

• What are your enclosures like? How much clutter do they like, and how often would I be looking at cleaning/sizing up? Is starting them in an adult sized enclosure a bad idea for stress, like some baby ball pythons, or would it be best to start them in an adult sized enclosure with plenty of clutter? On that note, what is the best option for a blood? I'd prefer a display cage to a tub, preferably the stackable PVC kind.

Side note, large snake owners, I've been looking into caging options but have seen few recommendations for large size enclosures/tank manufacturers in Canada. The import times and fees are often ridiculously expensive on American products and it seems like there's a lot of alternatives around me (in Ontario) or just in Canada in general, but there's also not as much on them. Anyone here have brands they can recommend?