Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,153

1 members and 3,152 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Threaded View

Thanks

Just really proud of my little girl right now...

Just have to post this somewhere because I'm super proud of my little girl... I'm hesitant to use the rescue term with rehomed BPs unless they're really in bad condition, but she deserves it. She came to me eating mouse fuzzies (you know, the petsmart brand super expensive arctic mice ) and hovering around 400 grams at what the previous owner told me was at least one and a half years. She was also really defensive, with tons of hissing and even striking as she'd never had a proper hide/temp/humidity and must have been super uncomfortable.

I took her in without anything on hand at the beginning of the current mess with the info that I was getting an underweight male with stuck shed and a possible RI. Great news is that even though her tail has some issues (no real grip strength, sort of nubby) none of it died and the RI turned out to be tons of old shed crammed into her little nose that I ended up having to pull out with tweezers because it was causing face rubbing/labored breathing, which was an extremely harrowing experience but she allowed it. We've been working up to bigger prey... she's not over 500 grams and took her first small rat!! It took her a good hour to figure out how to get it down but she did!

I just love this little snake so much and seeing her thrive is making me so happy... I hope her growth picks up and she reaches full adult size someday. Have you guys ever had a slow grower catch up? Reach breeding size? I would love to pair her a few years down the line and see what she makes... there might be something in her or she might just be a very orange normal but there's no other way to find out
    0.1 mystery, pos normal YB? (Juniper Snubbery)
    1.0 lesser het red axanthic g stripe (Fig Newton)
    0.1 yb spinner blast (Honey Udon)

Hopeful future blood python enthusiast. Show me your bloods!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phirou For This Useful Post:

Bodie (04-24-2020),Bogertophis (04-24-2020),Caitlin (04-24-2020),GoingPostal (04-25-2020),Kerimac (04-27-2020),MamaRhea (04-24-2020),rufretic (04-24-2020)