Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,221

1 members and 3,220 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: My new (and first!) Leo!

here is a pic of one of my adult females:

she's a pretty good size but your girl looks quite a bit bigger. a bit of a chunker if i may say so myself. she looks good though.
    - Emily

Thanks

Wow, that's a gorgeous little mama you have there! I can't wait to get a few more, but I'm going to refine my enclosure setups (get more thermostats, heaters [flexwatt!], and shelving) before I invest in anymore animals. I've spent about $600 over the past couple of weeks on Herps and their supplies, and I think that's all the BIG spending I'm doing for a while!! I'm looking into some rack systems right now, and while I'd like to build my own (they're not too difficult), I simply don't have the tools. Perhaps I can make one over the weekend while visiting my step-dad; he loves cabinet-making, so this would be a perfect little project for a weekend trip. Starting on payday, I'll be stocking up on supplies from places like MGReptiles Keep an eye open for my order, Matt :p

Anyway, she's starting to turn very dull, and I'm thinking that it might be time for a shed soon. I've yet to see her at her brightest, though she's not a very brightly-colored animal to begin with. Time to get that humid-hide setup

Thanks for sharing, Emily!

Aaron

Thanks

Thats a healthy, mature female you got there. Now you just need a male to go with her. Problem is finding males of a good adult size. They pretty much have to force females into submission to mate with them, a problem my male seems to be having with one of my females right now. He's about 60 grams and she's 90. Pretty funny watching him trying to force her down and the female just like kicks him off and walks away.
    -Brad

Thanks
    Blog Entries

luckily my male is big ole daddy of a leo so that's not too much of a problem for him. i'll have to get some pics of him. that female probably weighs about 60 grams and he probably weighs more like 80.

aaron, i just purchased some drawer units from walmart that i am going to wire heat tape into and use as a rack. generally drawer type units are frowned upon because they aren't as secure and have gaps in them, but these are pretty much entirely enclosed and since leos aren't arboreal i think they are going to work really well. i will post some pics once i get them set up and let you know how they are working out. here is a link to a drawer that is very similar to the ones i got: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000AV7ONK.
    - Emily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    aaron, i just purchased some drawer units from walmart that i am going to wire heat tape into and use as a rack. generally drawer type units are frowned upon because they aren't as secure and have gaps in them, but these are pretty much entirely enclosed and since leos aren't arboreal i think they are going to work really well. i will post some pics once i get them set up and let you know how they are working out. here is a link to a drawer that is very similar to the ones i got: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...asin=B000AV7ONK.
    Ah yes, I saw those at Fred Meyer here (it's like Wal-Mart or Target) the other day when shopping for Mr. Bojangles' tub. I should have thought of those for my Leo... I'd like to see how they turn out when you get your's setup

Thanks

Cool Re: My new (and first!) Leo!

Some new and fun photos of the lady in my life I love her, but applications are always accepted! Haha!

Oh, and don't mind the toothpaste splatter! *yuck*

1.0.0 Ball Python - "Mr. Bojangles"
    1.0.0 Crested Gecko - "Zeppelin"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

those are so cute! she must have a thing for ears. she's looking really good.
    - Emily

Thanks

Haha, yeah. It was funny listening to her lick her chops while her face was in my ear. Kind of like a puppy when he sniffs your ear (I'm not the only one, am I? ).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    aaron, i just purchased some drawer units from walmart that i am going to wire heat tape into and use as a rack. generally drawer type units are frowned upon because they aren't as secure and have gaps in them, but these are pretty much entirely enclosed and since leos aren't arboreal i think they are going to work really well. i will post some pics once i get them set up and let you know how they are working out. here is a link to a drawer that is very similar to the ones i got: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000AV7ONK.
    fyi: i got the drawers set up with heat tape and took some pics--posted a thread about it with pics in the caging forum: http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...737#post310737.
    - Emily

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks alot, Emily!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast