Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,366

0 members and 3,366 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lil meanie

Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts

Re: Lil meanie

Quote Originally Posted by Kerimac View Post
    Yes. He hasn't missed a meal. He has stayed right on track. Every 7 days, like clockwork. He has eaten 4 times now. He will have his 5th meal here on Tuesday. ����
    Oh good! Sorry, I missed or forgot that...lots going on right now & didn't have time to go back thru this thread. Just wanted to make sure, as it's a mistake made often around here. You & your snake get an A+.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-05-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Kerimac (04-05-2020)

Thanks

He finally let me get him out without striking today!!! Quarentine is so much better with a snake! Is he considered a baby still? I've seen the terms baby, juvenile, sub adult and adult but haven't looked up the ages. I guess I could just Google it, huh? Lol. Thanks again darlin'!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Keri Mac
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Deep Purple Passion BP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kerimac For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-08-2020)

Thanks

So, I made a humidity box for him. After he ate yesterday, He hug out in his hide for a while but has been inside humidity box since. It's so cute, wherever he goes, he pushes some of the substrate and sphagnum moss into the entrance (as to "close the door"). I have the humidity box on the cool side. Should I move it to the warm side? I put it on the cool side so that it didn't dry out as quickly. Should I move it to the warm side?

OH!!! Also, There was a dark grey rat in with the ones I purchased this time and he WOULD NOT eat it. I warmed up a white one and he got it in less that 45 seconds of me dangling it in for him. Anyone else notice their BP preferring one color over another?
    Keri Mac
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Deep Purple Passion BP

Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kerimac View Post
    So, I made a humidity box for him. After he ate yesterday, He hug out in his hide for a while but has been inside humidity box since. It's so cute, wherever he goes, he pushes some of the substrate and sphagnum moss into the entrance (as to "close the door"). I have the humidity box on the cool side. Should I move it to the warm side? I put it on the cool side so that it didn't dry out as quickly. Should I move it to the warm side?

OH!!! Also, There was a dark grey rat in with the ones I purchased this time and he WOULD NOT eat it. I warmed up a white one and he got it in less that 45 seconds of me dangling it in for him. Anyone else notice their BP preferring one color over another?
    If he's happy in the humid hide where it is, I wouldn't move it...or slide it midway between cool & warm sides. Cute that he "closes the door".

And yes, I've heard of snakes, usually BPs, that for whatever reason reject certain colors of rodents. Possible causes are that the different color one smells different (might be from a different source, different feed will affect their scent), OR your snake had a "bad experience" (a bite while eating live for a previous meal) & has learned to associate the color of the "offending" rodent as being dangerous. Let us know if he confides in you?
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-08-2020 at 04:16 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Kerimac (04-08-2020)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234