Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

1 members and 3,164 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

Thread: Temps

Thanks

Temps

Hi guys new to this

so I have recently got my new bp juvenile.
    and had her just over a week seem very happy
    I am not concerned about her over the way she is behaving she is active when she should she took a feed brilliant she is in now way acting in a stressed manner

my concern tho is her ambient temp its is to low (75-79). Her basking temp it spot on 91-95 her humidity spot on . I used a heat lamp with my previous and found this a lot better to get ambient temp right. As advised by breeder I have a heat Matt installed (correctly)as advised by the Breeder. the breeder also told me not to be concerned when I spoke to him over the phone he said as long as the basking area is fine she will be ok and regulate her self just want a second opinion and any advice.
    thanks guys

Thanks
    Hi Alba, welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your BP so far and if she's already eaten for you that's a great sign

75-79F is actually fine for ambient temps. 75F is a little low and the temp should definitely not fall below that, but otherwise that range is okay. The ideal range is around 77-80F.

95F is too high for the basking spot. That should be between 88-92F.

It's important for temps all throughout the enclosure and not just the basking spot to be appropriate and for there to be a temperature gradient, but I think it sounds like you already have that mostly figured out which is probably why the breeder wasn't too concerned.

Just to be sure, you have all your heat sources connected to a thermostat, right?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Alba (03-24-2020)

Thanks

Re: Temps

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Hi Alba, welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your BP so far and if she's already eaten for you that's a great sign

75-79F is actually fine for ambient temps. 75F is a little low and the temp should definitely not fall below that, but otherwise that range is okay. The ideal range is around 77-80F.

95F is too high for the basking spot. That should be between 88-92F.

It's important for temps all throughout the enclosure and not just the basking spot to be appropriate and for there to be a temperature gradient, but I think it sounds like you already have that mostly figured out which is probably why the breeder wasn't too concerned.

Just to be sure, you have all your heat sources connected to a thermostat, right?
    hi
    thanks
    and yes all heat is on a thermostat.
    The ambient temp can fall below 75 when colder in the room etc this is my concern the heat Matt just doesn’t seem to put enough heat out to heat the Viv.
    Like I said I had a lamp whit my rat snake and found it great to regulate the heat.

Any my advice on getting temp up the viv is only 18wx36Lx8h (obviously will up size when ready) so a lamp would practical or be safe the Matt if I’m honest I thought was a little small (11x11”)do you think getting a larger Matt will help. Or shall I just see how it goes?