Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,289

1 members and 3,288 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Possible Kidney Failure

*Follow Up

Hey Everyone,
    Sorry I didn't get to this sooner it has been a CRAZY week! Thank you again to everyone who responded/gave advice.
    -Barley was diagnosed with Colitis and is currently on antibiotics to clear up the infection. His vet found the bulge was a build up of liquid fecal matter (so not constipated per-say but backed up at the same time. Weird I know) which they managed to evacuate by soaking him (you guys were right!). I was strongly recommended to switch from live feed to F/T and the vet believes a bad rat was how the infection was introduced (from eating it not being bitten). After receiving his general check-up exam they did a Fecal Exam, Gram Stain Exam, Gavage feeding and took a swab for a culture that I should get results for in about a week. Overall they said he looked remarkably healthy for being so sick and that I brought him in early enough that they believe the infection hasn't spread to other parts of the body. They gave me Zosyn which I am administering at 0.09ml every two days and I'm supposed to hold off feeding for 2 weeks. I'm incredibly grateful that I have a good exotic vet that I trust (I consulted several before settling on this guy 4 years ago, so I'm not just saying this). While Barley lost significant weight fighting the infection he was eating until I cut him off last week prior to our appt. and I'm hopeful that he will transition to F/T. If he refuses to eat after we finish up them meds I will take him in for another tube feed to keep him going. Any questions/concerns, advice for switching feed, or just plain well wishing for my danger noodle would be appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SirBarlesLee For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,830 Times in 11,847 Posts
    Just keeping you & your BP in my "good thoughts" for a speedy recovery.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

SirBarlesLee (03-03-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12