Quote Originally Posted by NewmanLovesSnakes View Post
Idk if your opposed to using a CHE but i hang one over my tub enclosure to help bost air temps. I live in a very cold house at times and this helps keep things warm. You could also run a space heater in the room to help bost the over all air if you don't have central air/heat.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
I’m not opposed to a CHE, I just wasn’t sure if the heat would penetrate through the lid of the tub. We do have central air/heat, but don’t want the entire house to be 80 degrees...which would be uncomfortable, inefficient and expensive during the winter months. We also don’t have a spare room that we can heat separately, just to house the snake. With that said, I am tossing around the idea of concerting a closet to be a “reptile room”. However, there is no lighting or power in that closet, so I would have to run power to it, and there wouldn’t be a natural day/night lighting situation happening in there. I was thinking about putting some insulation around the outside of the bin, to see if that would help retain some warmth inside. I also have a second stat coming, with the idea that I could put another UTH on the other side, and have the temps over there set to the low 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk