I have a 15-month old Kenyan sand boa who has seemed to be perfectly healthy despite me never taking him to vet checkups for financial reasons. However, I was handling him yesterday and I noticed a subtle clicking coming from his snout. I know that this can be a sign of respiratory infection, however he is not showing other signs such as mucus, open mouth breathing, etc. He has been needing coaxing to get him to eat, but I had attributed that to the fact that he lost weight while in shed for a long period of time and now the hopper mice were too big for him. I plan to go back down to fuzzies, but I want to figure out if he is ok now that I’m noticing possible symptoms of RI. I inspected him a few hours later and the clicking had decreased in frequency to an almost unnoticeable point, so it could be that he just had substrate stuck in his throat? As he is a KSB he spends most of his time burrowing so he could have ingested some aspen although that’s never happened before in the time I’ve had him. Do I have reason to be concerned or am I just being an overprotective snake parent?