Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,176

0 members and 3,176 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Threaded View

Thanks

Re: Snake regurgitation

Quote Originally Posted by telfordthomas View Post
    This is going to sound ridiculous but is it possible that when he turned to try and get back in his hide it hurt him in some way and he decided to just spit it out? It seems unusual because he strikes as soon as he is offered food, he doesn't hang around when it comes to feeding time! That rat (prior to spitting out) was gone in about a minute, it was ridiculously fast how quick he ate it!
    I wouldn't put anything past these guys! Did he seem panicked when he couldn't get in his hide? I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but the best thing will be to wait and see... Try feeding him again in a few weeks, and if he regurgitates again, then take him to a herp vet. In the meanwhile, if you've noticed any strange behaviour, keep a record of it just in case a vet trip is needed, and it never hurts to double check heat and humidity! Hopefully though you're right that he just stressed himself out by not being able to squeeze through his hide opening!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemini Pythons For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-06-2020),Craiga 01453 (01-06-2020)