Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,338

4 members and 3,334 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Pet Smart - Do They No Longer Carry Zilla Products?

Salutations!

So, I went to PetSmart today to pick up some new substrate and a new cage (just the normal 20g Zilla Glass Terrarium) for a BP I ordered off of MM that should be here Friday. However, after thoroughly looking, I noticed that there wasn't ANY Zilla Products. At All. No cages, no hides, bulbs, therms, nothing. Does anyone know if they are just no longer carrying Zilla products? I don't mind ordering things like cages and stuff offline, but its the convenience factor for me.

I also looked online but there isn't anything that I've found that says PetSmart has stopped carrying Zilla Products.
    No I did not ask anyone there, but confrontation or just walking up to strangers in general is not my thing.

-----also, I only have on BP right now, and she's being well maintained in the Glass Terrarium. Once I get a larger collection, I will probably move to a bin system or the Reptile Basics Cages, but not yet.-------
    Fasfer
    "God put the good things in life on the other side of fear..."
    -Will Smith

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Pet Smart - Do They No Longer Carry Zilla Products?

Quote Originally Posted by Fasfer View Post
    Salutations!

So, I went to PetSmart today to pick up some new substrate and a new cage (just the normal 20g Zilla Glass Terrarium) for a BP I ordered off of MM that should be here Friday. However, after thoroughly looking, I noticed that there wasn't ANY Zilla Products. At All. No cages, no hides, bulbs, therms, nothing. Does anyone know if they are just no longer carrying Zilla products? I don't mind ordering things like cages and stuff offline, but its the convenience factor for me.

I also looked online but there isn't anything that I've found that says PetSmart has stopped carrying Zilla Products.
    No I did not ask anyone there, but confrontation or just walking up to strangers in general is not my thing.

-----also, I only have on BP right now, and she's being well maintained in the Glass Terrarium. Once I get a larger collection, I will probably move to a bin system or the Reptile Basics Cages, but not yet.-------
    My local PS never carried Zilla cages, and I love their 5.5, 10 and 20g Critter Cages. But I have noticed a change in inventory, with an increase of ZooMed cages and heat mats. I hated Zilla bulbs because they never last, so I can't confirm if they are still around since I actively avoid them when I need a new bulb. But most pet stores in my area prefer to carry the other brand, something Terra, I can't remember right now. I do use Zilla heat mats and again my local PS and Petco never sells them. The Pet Supplies Plus do but no longer the mini and small sizes which they used to sell, only the large and XL sizes. Chewy, which is owned by PS, also used to sell the small Zilla heat mat but stopped selling them about a year or so ago.

So yea I do notice the changes with Zilla while ZooMed appears to be stocking up their shelves alongside with their store brand. Pet Supplies Plus still sells the cages, but their sale happens every other month or so, and they don't stock many in the store at one time (And they don't sell as well as you think they would do even with a 30-40% sale), makes you think that maybe Zilla just sells poorly in some areas? Anyways, I hope my local stores continue to stock them. It is such a pain to find a reliable cage for when you do need one.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    ...But most pet stores in my area prefer to carry the other brand, something Terra, I can't remember right now...
    You mean Exo-Terra?
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (01-01-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Just an FYI Petco sells complete Zilla kits and bulbs. Everything else is zoo-med. we only have a "few" exo-terra stuff.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks

Zilla isn’t the best brand anyway honestly, I prefer exo-terra. Your snake is going to quickly out grow that 20 gallon so you’re going to have to upgrade eventually. If you have a male a 40 gallon will work but for larger females I’d get a 4’ x 2’. There are plenty of options online like animal plastics, vision, and DIY cages.

https://www.diycages.com
    https://apcages.com
    https://visionproducts.us/snake-cages.html
    https://www.reptilebasics.com/reptile-cages/
    https://reptilekages.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

My local Petsmart has switched to "Thrive" products

https://www.petsmart.com/featured-br...Thrive&type=wn