Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,421

2 members and 3,419 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Listed as a Paradox Super Enchi, but looking for second opinions.

Picked this little dude up yesterday. Not that I don't think he is what he is, but his markings seem really light to be *just* super enchi.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I’m the furthest from an expert on morphs but has to have more than just Enchi

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful noodle either way!!
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (10-28-2019)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The head pattern nor the coloration say Super Enchi to me I see more of a Banana Enchi Mojave of course knowing the pairing would help with thousands of Mutation out there which several looking a like and not having produced the animal it's a guess.

That is why buying from a reputable breeder is important, I would contact the person is selling this snake and see what they say the pairing was.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 10-28-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Re: Listed as a Paradox Super Enchi, but looking for second opinions.

I'm working on that right now actually. I thought to ask what he was feeding on and all that, but didn't know to question his lineage until we got home and did some research and realized he doesn't look like his description.

I feel a little dumb for it, but I think we were just super focused on fighting the crowd at the reptile show to nab the only Paradox I've ever seen there!

Thanks

The super enchi might all but eliminate the keyholes from the mojave.. I see quite a few keyholes... The lighter color throws me a little bit but its a baby.. My guess is the pairing will be something like: enchi/mojave/banana x enchi or mojave... I'd be anxious to hear when you find out..

** maybe butter instead of banana?**
    Last edited by Moose84; 10-28-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks

Breeder just got back to me. The mother was just a simple Enchi. The father on the other hand, wow. He said it was an Orange Dream Pastel Yellowbelly Enchi. Quite a mouthful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewolf13 View Post
    Breeder just got back to me. The mother was just a simple Enchi. The father on the other hand, wow. He said it was an Orange Dream Pastel Yellowbelly Enchi. Quite a mouthful.

Lots of incomplete dominants in dad. Not uncommon to get a gene packed male and let him go to town with a bunch of females.. Good looking snake though.. Be interesting to prove him out... I don't know enough about paradox to know if it's messing with the overall pigmentation of the specific gene/group of genes.. I do know that single gene OD, pastels, YB's and enchis aren't that color.. Have fun!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewolf13 View Post

Obviously that pairing would not produce that snake, there is Banana in that snake which means a few things, first he might be dealing with retain sperm, second he cannot identify simple mutations (Super Enchi do not look anything like this) or third the picture is something it took of the internet and it's not even is.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 10-28-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Moose84 (10-28-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    Obviously that pairing would not produce that snake, there is Banana in that snake which means a few things, first he might be dealing with retain sperm, second he cannot identify simple mutations (Super Enchi do not look anything like this) or third the picture is something it took of the internet and it's not even is.
    I couldn't see any way that was the pairing either... Not knowing a whole lot about paradoxes though I wasn't sure if the overall pigmentation could be affected. I didn't think about retained sperm and a dual sired clutch... I would imagine that is fairly rare. Iv'e never seen it happen.

Thanks

I can't exactly vouch for his breeding, but the snake was healthy, mite free, and in good shape at least. I checked it over before purchasing. $300, but I feel like it was worth it for whatever this little guy is.

He could be mistaken about the pairing or lying about breeding it himself I suppose, but I don't have any reason to think otherwise. Might just be sloppy on his part.

As far as the snake itself, I took that picture and that's exactly what it looks like. I just don't know what he is, but he's a sweetheart and so easy-going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast