Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,245

2 members and 3,243 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts

Re: Questions for ball python

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBallPython View Post
    Yes will separate them right away...
    thank you!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBallPython View Post
    Yes will separate them right away.. And in Singapore daytime temperature is 30c to 34c which very hot weather. And during night time is 27c to 28c..
    Ok awesome!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    You cannot rely on what people tell you that are selling snakes, especially if they aren't the breeder & have a good reputation. It's very typical for pet stores to save space & keep snakes together...and the ppl working in pet stores aren't usually that knowledgeable, they are there to SELL you something, so they often tell you what you "want to hear" (ie. the easiest, cheapest way) so they don't kill the sale. Understand? We aren't here to make money off you...we have no reason to make things up...we only want what's best for the animals in question, because they cannot speak for themselves & suffer greatly.

Believe it or not, snakes can die from repeated regurgitations- they lose digestive enzymes & must NOT be fed again for at least 2 weeks after a regurge so they have time to rebuild their digestive enzymes...otherwise they'll regurge again. This causes dehydration, organ failure, shock & death if not corrected. When you do feed a snake again (after waiting a couple weeks after a regurge) it's also best to feed smaller prey than usual, and ONLY ONE item...to make sure the regurge is not repeated.

So if you insist on keeping these snakes together you may end up killing one or both...just so you know....don't say no one explained it. Your name says you
    love them...now prove it by housing them correctly...separately.
    Relax I'm asking for advice here.. So everyone here also want their pets to stay healthy and good condition.. Yes I agree with u, seller and store they only want to push sell, and don't have much knowledge ects..

As the point of getting other enclosure, I do mentioned I will get it right away now.. So don't worries.. I pay for those ball python in SGD $730 of cause I will do the best I can..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveBallPython For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-26-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    DING DING DING! BINGO! You need to house snakes by themselves; they don't shack up in the wild, & when you keep them together this way there is stress involved* not to mention competition for the proper & essential warmth for digestion. Regardless of how big the "warm side" or "hot spot" in the cage is, it's asking for trouble to house them together. Stress comes into play no matter what genders...same sex may not appreciate either other, & opposite genders may result in unwanted breeding, which (contrary to what many think) is seldom a money-maker & more likely a money-loser -let me count the ways... Regardless of their genders...one bothering the other after eating a big meal can result in regurgitation, as can one hogging the warm spot. Not only that, but when one gets sick & needs treatment, you've just doubled your bill at the vet...so much for saving money on enclosures...

So get separate enclosures dialed in...the fact that both were willing to eat tells me it's not likely an illness here, just stress or inadequate warmth. Snakes live solo lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Ok awesome!!
    You can check singapore weather and see.. USA, Canada ect all are in cold century..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12