Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,222

1 members and 3,221 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

So Many Ticks Were Feasting on This Unlucky Python, They Looked Like Living Scales

Article from back in January, didn't know if it was posted or not

Wow, Poor snake , At least this another one that got help from caring humans!!

https://www.livescience.com/64499-snake-511-ticks.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-24-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts
    I think I recall seeing this, so it was probably posted here, but still very interesting.

That POOR SNAKE! I don't know that snakes instinctively try to drown parasites...more likely they are dehydrated (which can be lethal) or the water just feels good.
    I wonder if this one survived? I feel sorry for all wild snakes that are stuck with ticks & other parasites (like worms from the prey they consume)...it's rough out there.

Years ago, I took in a large (5') w/c female BP that had ticks all over (not as bad as the one in story above though); I bought her as rescue from clueless private party
    that actually had the snake for a year without realizing these were ticks! She was just their kid's "toy" & it took time for the kid to get bored & also their hot
    rock was dropped & broke, so there was no more heat in this chilly air-conditioned house...still makes me want to scream at them.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Re: So Many Ticks Were Feasting on This Unlucky Python, They Looked Like Living Scale

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Years ago, I took in a large (5') w/c female BP that had ticks all over (not as bad as the one in story above though); I bought her as rescue from clueless private party
    that actually had the snake for a year without realizing these were ticks! She was just their kid's "toy" & it took time for the kid to get bored & also their hot
    rock was dropped & broke, so there was no more heat in this chilly air-conditioned house...still makes me want to scream at them.
    Yep, people like that need a good SLAP, There's a BIG difference in not knowing, then finding out and fixing the problem, and just being blatantly

ignorant and not caring about an animal you are supposed to be caring for!!