Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

2 members and 3,306 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

My Ball Pyhon *NOT* Spazzing out

This is more a thank you note to all of you guys in this forum

I had got my 2 year old BP last year from an irresponsible pet shop (they had housed him in a bird cage ffs). Being a new owner, before deciding to purchase this snake I had done lots of research into what is required for the species and the environment it requires thrive. I bought Monty home and after some time realized that he had a severe respiratory infection and mite infestation; he could not breathe properly and the mites had weakened his immune system. Following the various advice I got from you guys and help with a vet, I am happy to report that Monty is now fully recovered and doing better then ever. It took months of care letting him heal, giving him his space and just making sure all the basic needs are met. It wasn't difficult, but more about being prudent and understanding the needs of the animal in question - which is a *ball python* above all else. Not trying to bash anyone here but maybe some people can learn a lesson with my experience as I was horrified to read some the threads.

Anyway here is a funny video I recorded of Monty's meal the other night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbOE...ature=youtu.be

Thanks again!
    Last edited by dr del; 10-17-2019 at 05:00 PM. Reason: edited to be less on the nose as the O/P expressed regret

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alilak For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019)

Thanks

Re: My Ball Pyhon *NOT* Spazzing out

Quote Originally Posted by alilak View Post
    This is more a thank you note to all of you guys in this forum

I had got my 2 year old BP last year from an irresponsible pet shop (they had housed him in a bird cage ffs).
    WOW! and I thought the shops around me were bad.....

And I ended up with a baby BP from a pet store in bad shape, 2nd feeding had a regurge, Followed the advice I got here exactly,

and now a month later she's back on the road to a full recovery!

So I also Appreciate everybody on this forum!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-17-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    You stated that you are not trying bash someone here but you are. The thread title.. Your post... And including the person's username in question. If you have an opinion, that is fine, but be subtle about it. I am genuinely happy for your snake that he is doing well but it is common to meet those who won't listen... Either they ask for help or not, they really, really believe that they are doing everything correct. No matter how frustrating it may be, targeting someone specifically who came here looking for help (Even if she refuse to listen), will not help anyone. Instead, to the outside observer, you may appear as a bully and newcomers may be too intimidated to ask for help here, after they did try at horrible Facebook groups and were talked down the same. I don't agree with her either, but but if you ever hope to change stubborn minds, this is not the way to do it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

alilak (10-17-2019),Toad37 (10-17-2019)

Thanks
    Cheesenugget

You are right, I definitely do not want to come across this way. I'm trying to see how I can edit the title of this thread and edit it - could you / someone let me know how to do this? Thank you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alilak For This Useful Post:

dr del (10-17-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I have to agree...the thread title, the not so subtle digs, and even mentioning another forum member in that light was a bit uncalled for. It was clearly a premeditated dig....

That being said, I'm glad your snake is doing well. This forum really is an invaluable resource.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts
    Good job with your BP, but I agree that we strive here to be a "bash-free zone" & we appreciate your willingness to make adjustments where needed.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    This place is good if your the type of person to not get mad if ur doing something wrong. If u can except that your not perfect and maybe u got away with something for a long time, then maybe we can help. But to many people are ashamed that they don’t know everything, so they start name calling and cussing the people that are just trying to help.
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

Thanks
    Just a question but where was this bash free zone when members were personally attacking skyrivers?
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Just a question but where was this bash free zone when members were personally attacking skyrivers?
    I see your point. However, in the most recent case it's only about the snake in question and the keepers "technique" not working.

In the Sky case, we were talking about the safety of not just the animals,but the people at these "educational events". In that case we're talking about somebody with only months of experience bringing dangerous animals into public places. A person who has barely scratched the surface keeping these animals has no business doing "educational" shows. It's about public safety as well as our hobby. We're already constantly fighting to be able to keep our animals, we don't need unqualified people out there potentially causing more problems for the hobby.

Aside from the best interest of the animals public safety and the well-being of our hobby is paramount.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-17-2019),ladywhipple02 (10-17-2019),MissterDog (10-17-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Aside from the best interest of the animals public safety and the well-being of our hobby is paramount.
    This. 110% this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast