Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,145

2 members and 1,143 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,121
Threads: 248,563
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 19,876 Times in 11,876 Posts

Re: Do ball pythons have bad days?

Quote Originally Posted by siwueofk View Post
    Well I'm a medical student, so it's not TMI for me lol, quite mild talk actually.

Boooo I was hoping so much for a chill calm snake.
    Cool, we need more people in medicine, all areas. & I was only teasing, not TMI for me either, just remember we have all ages here, "family forum".

I can remember when my BCI was young (about 1.5 years old) she went thru a "phase" for a couple months...like "hormonal"? Who knows, maybe that's part of it too? Don't assume that your young snake will always stay the same personality. You can usually make a BIG difference...I've seen it for myself, many times. No better example than that BCI- got her as a nasty biter, a yearling that changed hands multiple times with others giving up & not wanting her. Within about 2 months with me, she stopped trying to bite, because she finally understood she was safe with me- there are methods. In all the years she was mine, I never got one bite from her, & she was "face-tame"(meaning I could touch faces with her, no problem ever). So no one can tell me that snakes can't learn, or that they can't overcome their instinctive fear. You just need patience & empathy. And sometimes the "tough cases" are just that much more rewarding, when you can finally "get through to them".
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 09-13-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)