Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,402

0 members and 1,402 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot

View Poll Results: So...

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm gonna continue to vape.

9 24.32%
  • I plan to quit vaping.

2 5.41%
  • I will stop vaping until we get more info.

1 2.70%
  • I'm going back to smoking.

0 0%
  • I'm still smoking.

2 5.41%
  • It's all gross and i save so much money.

23 62.16%
  • I'm too young.

0 0%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: The Vaping Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Good luck with that...
    They're not hurting anybody but themselves and neither am I.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 10-06-2019 at 05:49 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Sorry but it doesn't work that way. Unfortunately we DO have to draw some lines for the good of our civilization & locally, for the public. Research and common sense tells us which ones. Sure, cars kill & knives kill, but they're pretty useful & generally ok. You won't convince me that it's essential for anyone to be allowed to buy more weapons of mass destruction (more than they already do) for example, & yes, I favor banning assault weapons...weapons of war just don't belong on public streets no matter whose pitiful ego thinks they do...and the government is there to put limits on those things are are the most harmful to public health. Debates will go on...with the ones making money off such products are the ones pushing the hardest to keep them legal.

Let's talk about how cigarettes have been handled in our world: for many years, non-smokers were forced to inhale the smoke of others in work places, restaurants etc.Even now that most places have gone non-smoking, streets are still littered with cigarette butts & people who enjoy smoking still stand around the doorways of businesses where they are not allowed by law to smoke (FYI, smoke adheres to the hair & clothing of non-smokers that have to walk thru the clouds of smoke! Many of us prefer to take breathing seriously & would rather not reek.) AND burning butts tossed from vehicles along roadways still start massive brush fires that burn down peoples houses, ruin wild lands, kill wildlife, and guess what, we ALL pay for the damages. So the things that "the rest of us" pay for is not limited to the medical care of indigent patients, or those who just don't think they "need" medical insurance.

Just because we can't stop people from over-eating or every other conceivable act of self-destruction doesn't meant that nothing should be banned or restricted in a civilized country. If you cannot tolerate a few rules meant for the "good of all" then I'm sure there are still places you can go live off the grid & no one will know or care what you do.
    Most everything negative in this post is about smoking not vaping.

So I have been debating whether or not to post some personal information, so here it goes.

I have COPD I have been smoking since I was 13. It is impossible for me to stop even though I have copd. In an effort to do something different that might help my issue I decided to try vaping. Now 4 years later my copd progression has just about stopped. I dont need inhalers anymore, I can pass a spirometer test now, and I can even run around without feeling like I cant breathe. So you ask me how I know that vaping is better than smoking cigarettes? It's simple I should be the poster child for vaping. Even my doctor admitted that she was floored by the response my body had in switching from smoking to vaping. She even told me to keep vaping and not pick up smoking again. Now she did say she would rather see me not vape, but if i am going to do something, vaping is better than smoking.

On a side note nonsmokers see this as an us against them issue with smokers vs nonsmokers. Being a smoker doesnt make us gross or nasty. It makes us someone who fell prey to big tobacco's policies.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sur3fir3; 10-06-2019 at 06:05 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thought I would add my 2 cents on this topic... I am a Cardio/Respiratory nurse and I can tell you that just like smoking cigarettes, vaping is just as bad. Anytime you are going to inhale chemicals into your lungs will result in developing disease or death in the end. Even when the body produces fluid on the lungs can result in death if not treated right away. Both nicotine and vaping chemicals are known as a sort of legal drug or stimulate and highly addictive thus making it hard to stop engaging in...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-06-2019),rlditmars (10-07-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Thought I would add my 2 cents on this topic... I am a Cardio/Respiratory nurse and I can tell you that just like smoking cigarettes, vaping is just as bad. Anytime you are going to inhale chemicals into your lungs will result in developing disease or death in the end. Even when the body produces fluid on the lungs can result in death if not treated right away. Both nicotine and vaping chemicals are known as a sort of legal drug or stimulate and highly addictive thus making it hard to stop engaging in...
    If people's lungs were dying as a result from vaping we would be seeing multiple cases of this from vaping. And we arent. The cases we are seeing are from people using black market thc carts, and vitamin e acetate. And also that pesticide that turns into HCL when heated. Legal thc carts, and legitimate vaping juice does not contain any of those chemicals. I have had xrays and spirometer tests, stress tests, and everything has either shown an improvement or it showed little to no progression for the last 4 years. I just had another battery of tests this past summer.

So when someone can show me a legitimate case where all legitimate and legal vape products were used, that is when I will believe what is being said in the news.

I should add I actually think the chemical that turns to HCL is a fungicide. If someone wants the information I can find a source.

Last edited by sur3fir3; 10-06-2019 at 07:49 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    If people's lungs were dying as a result from vaping we would be seeing multiple cases of this from vaping. And we arent. The cases we are seeing are from people using black market thc carts, and vitamin e acetate. And also that pesticide that turns into HCL when heated. Legal thc carts, and legitimate vaping juice does not contain any of those chemicals. I have had xrays and spirometer tests, stress tests, and everything has either shown an improvement or it showed little to no progression for the last 4 years. I just had another battery of tests this past summer.

So when someone can show me a legitimate case where all legitimate and legal vape products were used, that is when I will believe what is being said in the news.

I should add I actually think the chemical that turns to HCL is a fungicide. If someone wants the information I can find a source.

Ok! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. My point is that when you are inhaling substances such as nicotine or vaping juice into your body it will affect your lungs over time and for that matter really anything we put into our bodies that is not meant to will affect us over time. Even taking simple Advil or Tylenol over time will affect our liver over time. Just saying that I have witnessed some pretty harsh legitimate cases as a nurse and after seeing what I have seen in my career you kinda rethink alot of things.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-06-2019),rlditmars (10-07-2019)

BPnet Veteran NewmanLovesSnakes's Avatar
    Thanks

The Vaping Epidemic

“& yes, I favor banning assault weapons...weapons of war just don't belong on public streets no matter whose pitiful ego thinks they do...”

Well good thing every weapon already considered an assault weapon is already banned. Nothing on the current market has been considered a assault weapon for a long time. This relates heavily to the topic of banning vaping for the simple fact that the government bans the sale of vape juice because of the effects of black market and illegal products, all that does is take away from good law abiding citizens in the same since as infringement on a persons second amendment. An AR-15/ AK47 is just a semiautomatic rifle just like every legally owned gun sold, they hold a certain amount of ammo and shoot as much as the trigger can be pulled. Handguns come in bigger calibers that most rifle rounds and can even hold more ammo in some cases and are semiautomatic as well. Banning a legal semiautomatic AR because people do terrible things only disarms the individual who stands ready to protect himself and others, criminals will always commit criminal activity and law abiding citizens should not have to pay the price, in the instance of vaping or gun control. A majority of mass shooters where so mentally defective or already criminals, had the Government did their actual job things could have been different. One instance is the Air Force Vet in Texas who shot that church up. He was convicted of domestic assault and battery with a weapon while in the military, had the government reported properly he would of never been allowed to purchase any of his guns or ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NewmanLovesSnakes; 10-06-2019 at 11:31 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewmanLovesSnakes For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-07-2019),sur3fir3 (10-07-2019)

Thanks

It’s just natural selection at work here, guys. Let the idiots kill them selves off. The gene pool could use a little chlorine, if you know what I mean.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reptileson View Post
    It’s just natural selection at work here, guys. Let the idiots kill them selves off. The gene pool could use a little chlorine, if you know what I mean.

A statement of the truly ignorant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

NewmanLovesSnakes (10-08-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    A statement of the truly ignorant.
    How so? You have medical professionals telling you that inhaling that stuff causes chemical burns on your lungs, but you still choose to use it because it makes you look/feel cool? You family is so lucky to have you.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

How so? You have medical professionals telling you that inhaling that stuff causes chemical burns on your lungs, but you still choose to use it because it makes you look/feel cool? You family is so lucky to have you.

Ok first. this has been a decent converstaion until now. If you dont have something to add that actually says something please refrain from posting. 2nd. This isnt being done because I want to look cool, it is being done because at 13 I started smoking and have found it impossible to stop. Vaping has offered me a better life than smoking. I've been smoking for 23 years, and vaping for 4 years.
    Last edited by sur3fir3; 10-07-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast