Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,306

1 members and 2,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Threaded View

Thanks

Re: Dante's first rat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    When hunting season is here it seems the deer are more apt to come into town. Can't say I blame them. I can't verify that these were sick or elderly, but I've been
    shocked to see large ones killed on the bypass (double lane fwy) & right in town on the biggest & busiest road we have (in front of Walmart & Coltons). Deer collisions
    are not rare around here & even my next door neighbor had to replace his car after a collision.
    Deer collisions are no joke..no matter the size

I almost hit a mule deer stag on the highway in MO, but luckily it cleared full over the hood of my car. If I didn't slam my brakes it would have went through my windshield. This was during breeding season, so that's something else to consider.

Like ball pythons, deer are crepuscular. So their eyesight is adapted to dim lighting. The sudden light emitting from a car is why they freeze in the road like they do. It literally blinds them.

That and because their eyes are set on the sides (peripheral vision), forward sight is restricted,...that's why you sometimes see them jump directly into cars, or even through her about them jumping through store windows. They partly see the reflection off the glass and misinterpret the blind spot.

1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog
    Last edited by Awesomethepossum; 09-12-2019 at 06:25 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomethepossum For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-12-2019)