I know this is a very VERY normal among ball pythons, but it's out of the normal for my snake personally. He is about 2.5 years old and he has never ever had a problem eating (except for during sheds). He refused to eat for 2 weeks, ate on the third week, and on the fourth week he struck but missed, and he didn't attempt to strike again. He is not in shed or pre-shed (vibrant colors and eyes, no "blue eyes", pale scales, or pink underside). He does not seem to be losing weight, I haven't noticed any behavioral changes. I have a hydrometer and 2 thermometers (regular and battery-operated) and check multiple times daily.

It looks like he's interested in the food, he gets into strike position and just states at it and licks/smells it. When I move the mouse closer to him he zooms away like he's scared instead of biting it like he usually does. The first week he struck at it and had it in his mouth for a few minutes, and then he spit it out and was laying on top of it.

- hot side: 88-93 degrees F
- cool side: upper 70s to low 80s
- humidity: upper 50s to mid 60s
- food: small frozen/thawed rats (fed in a dim environment, in the evening/night)
- substrate: coconut fiber mixed with eco-earth cypress bedding
(when feeding I put a paper bag down so he is sure to not get any substrate in his mouth)
- activity: he seems like he's "happy", not stressed or anything. Hides during the day and is active
in the evening/night (exploring around his plants and stuff), he's always done this.

When should I be concerned and seek a vet? I've seen many snakes go way longer than this without eating but this is out of the normal for my little guy. Hope he's ok