Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My Darwin's body appears to be flatter or not so brilliant in most, but not all areas. He is hanging out on the cooler side more than the hot. Temps seems good, but not perfect as I have a RHP on the way tomorrow that will be replacing heat bulbs once and for all. Struck at, but refused his first meal yesterday, though he was all around the rat smelling it. Waiting another week and trying again. Him being on the cooler side is worrisome as this is pretty typical at this point. The top of his huge (tortoise) hide reads 102*, but the actual gauge inside the hide is reading 92*. I don't think that seems too hot inside, but I cannot control the heat that is closer to the bulbs right now without dropping the heat inside the hide too low.

Has anybody experienced carpets shedding or going into shed without the eyes blueing? I have not taken him out for the entire couple weeks + I've had him until he eats so he can settle in and digest his first meal, hopefully sooner than later. I am not too concerned about having to hold and enjoy him more than I want him to be in the right temps and humidity - his health first before my happiness. Have used my phone flashlight to check him for mites and see nothing, he is not in his water bowl ever, but I have caught him drinking from it one night. He did yawn twice yesterday when the F/T rat was available to him, which is why I really thought he was getting ready to eat. It was just a large rat, no wider than the girth of his body. Hope to hear back and have a good one guys and gals.