Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,397

1 members and 3,396 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Happiness is........

All my BP’s ate on the same day!!!! I remember when it took a lot more to make me this happy! There is usually at least one that decides, nah, not really hungry right now. But I’m gonna look real interested so your arm goes numb dangling a dead rat in my face!

Thanks
    Congrats, how many ball pythons is all? I only have 1 ball python so what makes me happy is when he eats after a 7 month fast.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    It's always a good feeding day when there are no refusals.

I split feedings up throughout the week though. That way I have at least one snake to hang out with every day.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Happiness is........

Spread some of that happiness over here! My BP is almost 3 months into his only summer food strike ever and it’s getting annoying. The boas aren’t big enough to take his refusals either...

And I agree with Craig, I usually stagger feedings so I’ve always got one animal to bother. But the Argentine is due to eat tonight and my Suriname just shed earlier today, meaning he’s ready to eat again too. And now it looks like the ball python is going into shed... guess I’m waiting a few days to hang out with the critters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Happiness is........

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    Congrats, how many ball pythons is all? I only have 1 ball python so what makes me happy is when he eats after a 7 month fast.

Ive got 6 ball pythons (and a retic, a boa, and a burm on the way!). Luckily I’ve got the retic so there are NEVER any leftovers! I’ve been pretty fortunate, and the longest I’ve ever had one of my bp’s go without eating was about 3 weeks. I’m thankful for that because I am a constant worrier! I have to check the temps and humidity constantly and when one of my snakes refuses food I worry until they do eat! I use to stagger their feedings, but when I got the retic I stopped that. He stays in food mode for 2 or 3 days after eating, and if I do try and feed something else and it’s not his time to eat, he smells the rat and sits at the front of his enclosure ready to pounce, so I try and feed everybody on the same day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bhsurf4 For This Useful Post:

Valyndris (08-09-2019)