Ok guys, so my better half decided a bit ago to bring in a bearded dragon. This is a mystery age, not well cared for adult leatherback.
We got her in the cage she lived in, a 20g long sized wooden enclosure, no cover on the heat lamp (or temp controller) and no uvb. Not sure of anything other than they had her Atleast a year I’d guess. She was very skinny (we have a feeding log and weight log but I’m not close to it until later tonight, but she’s kinda chunky now in comparison lol.

Anyways, this is maybe relevant because.
2 weeks ago she dropped a ton of eggs, all looked pretty healthy, but she had no interest in food about 2 weeks before. Now, the next week, she’s shedding. I’m not super familiar with leatherback beardies, but the tip of her tail was missing when we got her, doesn’t seem to be infected. I’m concerned that she will lose more of it, how can we better protect that. I’m also concerned because she is now constantly hungry. I’m hoping its just the eggs and now shedding, but she’s been eating like 6 large roaches a week, and just crushed 4 like she’s never seen food. She’s been eating greens through all of this time, but only just wanted the roaches again. My so is worried about maybe worms, but again I think it’s just she’s had a tough few weeks.

Should I soak her, with she’d ease or just water? Should we limit roaches or feed her till she refuses more? We’ve done our research but I’m really just wanting to confirm weve done the right research.

She’s obviously been to the vet since we got her, and the better half works at one so we can go again if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk