Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,153

0 members and 3,153 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Out of QT - office crestie

My second crested gecko is finally out of quarantine, but I'm now accustomed to having a gecko around my desk, so I opted to set up a bit smaller footprint tank by my desk instead of set up by the other crestie in the living room (and now we have a spare 18x18x24 tank out there... might have to find something else for that next year)

We got "him" a few months ago as a few month old gecko. He's significantly jumpier when handled than our other (who I sometimes question if she is aware of how to jump since she only jumps if it is just barely beyond walking distance & she really wants to go there; no death leaps), but this boy is a very predictable jumper... straight forward whichever way he is facing if there is anything within 3 feet of him.

A few pics of when we got him:

We recycled some wood and plants from our giant day gecko's juvie tank to use, so the grape wood is well seasoned and we have a solid springtail/dwarf white isopod clea up crew we seeded this tank with.

Using a 12"×12"×24" exo terra (small x-tall) tank, 2 different colored pothos vines, and a plant I forgot the name of. We've got a few more decor pieces coming and might add more pothos to fill in the space later.

I've yet to really settle on a name for him, so if you have any suggestions, let me know!

A few funny positions I've spotted him in already after he got moved in yesterday.

And an overview of the tank itself.

Pretty sure he's a tiger, possibly dalmatian (as he's grown, I'm seeing more black spots, though I'm not sure how much is needed to qualify as one).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

Bodie (08-04-2019),Bogertophis (08-04-2019),dr del (08-05-2019),gunkle (08-12-2019)