Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

4 members and 3,338 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Banning

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Banning

All,

Banning, my 11 1/2 year old wire haired terrier mix is very ill.

He has a massive tumor on his spleen and surgery only has a 5% chance of saving him.

Katie and I are devastated. We got the news today after an ultrasound.

Banning had a tough life before he met me. He got thrown out of a car at 6 months, I found him at 9 months after being shipped to CT from a kill shelter in Georgia. He was 16 pounds and had ehrlichia, kennel cough, and worms. 3 months later, a healthy Banning was 26 pounds. His whole life with me he's been idolized by his "brother" Tyler, and since I've been with and moved in with Katie, loved by Moxie, Sam, and Bailey too.

The first night I had him, I took off my belt to get undressed and he cowered in the corner. I told him, "Listen Buddy, I am never going to hurt you and you will never suffer under my care."

I will keep my promise.

The tumor can rupture at any time and he will bleed out. Katie and I have to decide when to put him down so he doesn't suffer. At the moment, he's doing okay and is being spoiled rotten. He got cooked sushi tonight - eel, crab, rice, etc. and Katie is making him hamburgers as we speak.

He had been uncomfortable and not eating much since a few days after Katie and my wedding on 5-18-19. However, about 3 weeks ago, he perked up, and starting devouring food again. Multiple vet visits and meds proved inconclusive as to why he had been down and out for so long.

According to the vet, his tumor had been bleeding, causing discomfort, but stopped. He said the next time we might not be so lucky.

Banning is my buddy, my baby, and my pal. He literally would not leave my and Katie's sides during the wedding and wedged himself in between us during the vows. He didn't show any symptoms until a few days later.

Banning helped me through a kidney transplant, many sick days and nights, and a horrific divorce. He and Tyler were/are inseparable and were/are always there for me, and now Katie, and their brothers and sister too.

I am so grateful to have been blessed to have this sweet and appreciative animal in my life for 11 years. I am glad he got to have a wonderful Mom in Katie for 3 years, and be part of an awesome pack with our "Brady Bunch of Dogs" family.

I will never forget him being the "best dog" at our wedding and will always miss the good morning kisses/licks. Tyler licks me at night to say good night, and Banning in the morning to say, "YAY! You're up! I love you!"

I will let everyone know when we send him to heaven where I hope I will see him again.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-22-2019),Craiga 01453 (07-23-2019),Dianne (07-22-2019),EL-Ziggy (07-22-2019),GpBp (09-05-2019),Reinz (07-23-2019),richardhind1972 (07-23-2019),Udon (04-10-2020)