Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,106

0 members and 3,106 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,554
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot

Thread: Easa

Thanks

Easa

I am so upset! That stupid Iggy! I was holding her and when I put her back in her cage she tried to get out. The cat was right underneath her cage so I close it as fast as I could. I said "I saved your life." to the lizard, knowing the cat would have killed it in no time flat if she got out. Just as I said it my wife shrieked, and I looked down and she got caught in the glass. I really didn't think I would miss her cause she was so mean, but I still liked holding her and trying to work with her. I was really getting attached to her, I was holding her more than I was holding Salina. I don't know why I'm so upset over losing a lizard that probably hated my guts. Everyone said Iggys are hard to take care of, I guess they were right. I just put so much time and effort into getting things right for her, learning about her needs, and taking care of her. My son saw it happen and he is bawling his eyes out right now in my wifes arm. I don't know what to say to him, he is like me and has a genuine love for animals.

People if you are thinking about getting an Iguana, don't. Thier very nature makes it incredibly hard for them to live in captivity with people. When you mix other pets like cats and dogs in the situation it makes it twice as hard. We spent more time every day trying to tame her and take care of her than we did all our other pets combined. The ultimate irony of it all is that I lost her trying to protect her.

Thanks

Re: Easa

Sorry to hear about the loss It must have been horrible for your son. Do you think he will still be interested in lizards now? Hopefully, he will be....but you know what that mean....dad has got to get something new.

Cats and lizards (and most reptiles) don't seem to mix too well. When I was keeping fence lizards during the summer, one got out because the cat jumped in the tank when I handling....and off to the races....I have never seen both animals move so fast in my life...now the cat is not allowed in the room when ANY reptiles are being handled....but the freak still has a passion for watching the snakes kill and eat mice. She sits and watches through the tubs...
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

He wants another Iggy, but I dont think I will get one. They are so much work. If I get orders the only place I could take an Iggy is to my mom in Rockford. I know I could place the BP and Beardys easily into homes where they would be loved. I just can't believe I killed it trying to protect it. I take my other herps out when the animals are around, but the other herps are mellow and much easier to control. One cat won't go near me(last owner was a male and kicked it all the time), the dog won't hurt anything I am holding, but that Iggy had to make it's run with Matty out. That cat ain't scared of nothing and wanted to eat her badly. I am an idiot. I always put Matty in the basement.

Thanks

So sorry to hear it.. especially for your son.

But, really it is for the best. Please don't get another one.. there are so many good pet lizard species out there.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/