Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,210

0 members and 3,210 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Threaded View

Thanks

40 gallon breeder tank 4 ball python setup

i am currently in the process of building A new enclosure for our soon to be a ball python, out of a new 40 gallon breeder tank we got from PETCO on there dollar a gallon sale. I am just looking for input from people that have made an enclosure from an aquarium like what I have. My main concern is heating and humidity, we live in wa state where humidity it so so , not to high, not super low. As u can see in the pics I have had it both ways as far as orientation, on its original bottom and also turned on its side.

i am looking to have it on its side and building the hinged door for ease of access and cleaning, but if necessary I can keep it upright and be able to build a heat lamp setup for ambient temps.

my ideal substrate would be ground coco fiber, but I’m open to newspaper as well as coco fibers or aspen shavings, in which I already have.

i would love to hear tank setup suggestions as well as heat setups, my original plan was a uth 30-40 gallon exo terra heat pad w/ thermostat and hydrometer which u can find on exoterra.com, water dish , several hides and thermometer. My main concern is gonna be ambient heat as our house temps run about 65-70 degrees. I am also looking at a rhp but this seems to be a little outta my budget

any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by SubieRoadKill; 06-22-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: update