Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,243

0 members and 3,243 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Thanks

Re: Crowley progression thread

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    Well I asked the most well known expert I know of and this was his answer:

I don't see Crowley stressing whatsoever when he comes out, he comes out by himself, if he was stressed then why would he be coming out by himself stressing himself out? That just doesn't make any sense. Even at first I'd offer his enclosure back in case he didn't know how to go back up and find it. He would put his head in and then nope, he wanted to come right back out and do his missions. His room is so much warmer than where he used to be (the living room), the room itself is at 77-80 degrees, it gets hot in there when he's out as I turn the heated blanket on, then add my laptop and monitor's heat and my body heat and it's nice and toasty in there. Hopefully he will eat tonight, he seemed semi-interested last time I tried feeding him. Like Brian Barczyk said, each animal is different, my little Crowley has been an explorer all his life and that's what he likes, it's his way of life and changing it could be worse for him.

Here is the link to my comment and his reply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0v..._5SE1-Z4AaABAg
    When is the last time you saw Brian pull a ball python out for a “mission?” Let me answer that. He won’t. He has done multiple videos on why ball pythons thrive in smaller enclosures and rack systems. You aren’t dealing with a reticulated python or a water monitor. Try not to pick and choose things that make you feel better while burying your head in the sand. Also, I just fed my ball pythons today and we have had freezing temperatures over the last week... EVERY SINGLE ONE ate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moose84 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-05-2019),Sonny1318 (11-05-2019)

Thanks
    Brian Barczyk takes snakes out all the time, even ball pythons, he has this place called the reptarium now where he takes out some ball pythons all the time and they do just fine. I can only give so much detail over a YouTube comment and he can only give so much of a specific answer as all animals are different as he said. This means some ball pythons will eat if it's cold, some like to fast for months at a time. He's not the only expert I've talked to, he was the one I was willing to give a screenshot about because he's posting publicly for anyone to be able to see. I like to protect others identities as I don't want these people getting attacked like I do.

I've mentioned multiple times I'm not looking for advice in this thread, just simply showing Crowley's progress. If you don't have anything nice to say then just don't say it at all, I'd like this thread to stay open as I would like to continue giving updates about Crowley. I am done answering silly questions that I've tried to explain over and over.

Please be respectful, if you don't have something nice to say just don't say it at all. These latest comments are clearly attacks on me (not from everyone but many) for doing things differently. Even a moderator chimed in and said to leave me alone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    Brian Barczyk takes snakes out all the time, even ball pythons, he has this place called the reptarium now where he takes out some ball pythons all the time and they do just fine. I can only give so much detail over a YouTube comment and he can only give so much of a specific answer as all animals are different as he said. This means some ball pythons will eat if it's cold, some like to fast for months at a time. He's not the only expert I've talked to, he was the one I was willing to give a screenshot about because he's posting publicly for anyone to be able to see. I like to protect others identities as I don't want these people getting attacked like I do.

I've mentioned multiple times I'm not looking for advice in this thread, just simply showing Crowley's progress. If you don't have anything nice to say then just don't say it at all, I'd like this thread to stay open as I would like to continue giving updates about Crowley. I am done answering silly questions that I've tried to explain over and over.

Please be respectful, if you don't have something nice to say just don't say it at all. These latest comments are clearly attacks on me (not from everyone but many) for doing things differently. Even a moderator chimed in and said to leave me alone.
    Would you rather us comment on the thread that your snake completely "spazzed out" due to its environment? Or maybe on the thread where you were "massaging" the animal and it was flinching because it didn't like to be grabbed because that's what they associate a predator with? Taking a BP out to handle it and sending it on "missions" that YOU want it to accomplish are two very different things..

Let us know..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose84 For This Useful Post:

Mommabear.Yoli (11-05-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear.Yoli View Post
    This entire thread gives me the most anxiety I've ever had. I need a Xanax just to read it. It's just watching people talk to a brick wall over and over again ! She isn't gonna change, and the snake will die and she will start a new thread about sorrows and sadness and want all the support of the forum. It's rediculous to think a snake wants anything other to be fed and left alone. People are crazy. Women are nuts . Let's just hope there are no actual children involved in this person's care.

I am a quiet member. I usually only comment on peeps pictures and such. I leave the "you should do this and that" comments for others. I do have to say though that this comment is rude, mean hearted. Comments like this will scare people from wanting to post question for the fear of ridicule. Thats a shame.
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa (Northern)
    0.1 Green Tree Python (Aru)
    0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
    1.0 Pied Het Lavender Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Yellow Phase Eastern Hognose

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bodie For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-05-2019),Craiga 01453 (11-05-2019),Valyndris (11-05-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I just hope you don't expect us to take time out of our days to help you next time. And trust me, there will be a next time.

Sorry Crowley. We tried.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Moose84 (11-05-2019),Sonny1318 (11-05-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    I am a quiet member. I usually only comment on peeps pictures and such. I leave the "you should do this and that" comments for others. I do have to say though that this comment is rude, mean hearted. Comments like this will scare people from wanting to post question for the fear of ridicule. Thats a shame.
    Please take some time and see the amount of comments and threads posted under this animal... I think you will understand then.. Everyone here is about helping the animals.. We aren't here to coddle owners in my opinion...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose84 For This Useful Post:

Mommabear.Yoli (11-05-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moose84 View Post
    Please take some time and see the amount of comments and threads posted under this animal... I think you will understand then.. Everyone here is about helping the animals.. We aren't here to coddle owners in my opinion...

I have taken the time and I have read the others comments. I do understand. My issue is with the comment I quoted.... there was no help in it. It was mean. Especially the last sentence in that quote. That's all I have to say
    Last edited by Bodie; 11-05-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa (Northern)
    0.1 Green Tree Python (Aru)
    0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
    1.0 Pied Het Lavender Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Yellow Phase Eastern Hognose

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bodie For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-05-2019),Craiga 01453 (11-05-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    At the bottom of every post there is a report post button (triangle) you can report it, as in this case you probably should, just wanted to let people know they have that option. It's the little triangle in the lower left area next to the thanks and plus or minus R.

And I agree with you about certain people seem to lack common sense and let their emotions get the best of them. And some people seem to LOVE to argue. Believe me I have met some before joining this website. I can recognize them quickly. There are a few here. But many here are nice and they don't post much they get to the point they want to say and they move on. A lot of them have been here a long while. And will be here probably long after us Hot Shots have burned out.
    Last edited by ballpythonsrock2; 11-05-2019 at 06:58 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythonsrock2 For This Useful Post:

Valyndris (11-05-2019)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well I think we are done now, it's getting old, not like I did not warn anyone.

I would highly recommend that other threads do not turn like this one otherwise I won't be as nice and infraction will be the next step, learn to WALK AWAY and pick your battles, and if it bothers you that bad use the IGNORE feature
    Deborah Stewart

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-05-2019),dr del (11-05-2019),jmcrook (11-05-2019)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789