Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

1 members and 3,283 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Threaded View

Thanks

Rat condo ready to go, critiques?

I got my rat condo all set up and ready to go, now just to get the inhabitants. How’s it look? I decided to go with 1 5 gallon bucket with 2 runs of water lines to supply both racks. For now I plan to put 2 females per tub on one side, with 1 male rotating between them, and use the other side as a grow out once they are ready to wean. I may up my female numbers if I see a need to. But I feel like 12 females should give a good start. How’s that sound?
    My local orcheln carries kiln dried pine bedding for <$5 per large bag and the pet store in A town an hour away carries Mazuri rat food, so I’ll just pick up a bag when I go there for my twice per month jiujitsu class (usually train local but go down for special, when I’m off work on Friday’s)
    I just made a call to the nearest pet store that carries dumbo and Rex rats and asked her to hold me a male dumbo and the females can be a mixture of all the above. Might as well go with fancier rats if I’m gonna breed them. Since I’ve been a customer of hers for several years and help her frequently with ball python question, she’s giving me a good deal.

If it’s not obvious yet, I’m getting pretty excited to start my own colony.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kroberts10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-04-2019)