Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

2 members and 3,275 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

So many questions: Pastel YB, YB, Lesser

I did some search but the result came up only either threads about Pastel or Thread about Yellow Bellied....

I saw prehistoricpets got Pastel Yellow Bellied(het Ivory) for sale and that Pastel YB looks awesome...or is it just me?
    So if I want to make the Pastel YB that nice, which line of YB het Ivory I could breed with Pastel to get Pastel YB? I mean in theory they're both co-dom so I have a chance to get Pastel YB if I breed them together. But my question is is there a secret ingredient to make that nice Pastel YB(which line of YB, which line of Pastel, whatever)?

Can I breed different line of YB het Ivory and still get Ivory? I might get Amir line YB and that Pastel YB. What if that Pastel YB came from pastel with YB het Ivory of different bloodline then?

I might get 2 male Lesser in stead of the Pastel YB or Amir line YB. Is $2,000-$2,500 an average price for male Lesser? Will 06 male be able to breed next year? I know they won't breed if they're like 150g now, so what if they're around 300-350g then?

Sorry if I ask stupid question, but hey I'm still learning Ball Python. Plus English(and American) is not my first language , so I might phrase word incorrectly...ME SPEAK NO INGERLISH!

Thanks

Re: So many questions: Pastel YB, YB, Lesser

One more question, actually I have loads more but that's enough for today....
    If you can choose between Lesser from Ralph Davis and Lesser from Amir, which will you choose? Amir's cost $500 cheaper though. I asked for picture from both of them though, but none of them reply yet.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hgrub
    I did some search but the result came up only either threads about Pastel or Thread about Yellow Bellied....

I saw prehistoricpets got Pastel Yellow Bellied(het Ivory) for sale and that Pastel YB looks awesome...or is it just me?
    So if I want to make the Pastel YB that nice, which line of YB het Ivory I could breed with Pastel to get Pastel YB? I mean in theory they're both co-dom so I have a chance to get Pastel YB if I breed them together. But my question is is there a secret ingredient to make that nice Pastel YB(which line of YB, which line of Pastel, whatever)?

Any yellow belly to a pastel will give you a shot at a yellowbelly pastel

Can I breed different line of YB het Ivory and still get Ivory? I might get Amir line YB and that Pastel YB. What if that Pastel YB came from pastel with YB het Ivory of different bloodline then?
    Yea I think so on this also
    I might get 2 male Lesser in stead of the Pastel YB or Amir line YB. Is $2,000-$2,500 an average price for male Lesser? Will 06 male be able to breed next year? I know they won't breed if they're like 150g now, so what if they're around 300-350g then?
    The gerural rule of thumb is 800 grams or bigger, now some breed sooner but you put the animal at risk when you breed them to early better safe than sorry . Remember marithon not sprint
    Sorry if I ask stupid question, but hey I'm still learning Ball Python. Plus English(and American) is not my first language , so I might phrase word incorrectly...ME SPEAK NO INGERLISH!
    its all good you get your point accorss better than some english speaking people on here. Ask all the questions you want. the more knowledge you have the better a heper you make and the more enjoyment you get out of this hobby
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

One more question, actually I have loads more but that's enough for today....
    If you can choose between Lesser from Ralph Davis and Lesser from Amir, which will you choose? Amir's cost $500 cheaper though. I asked for picture from both of them though, but none of them reply yet.
    Hands down Ralph, Hes a great guy to deal with and remember price isn't everything. But if Amir (who i am not familiar with) offers a quality animal and the 500 bucks stands in the way of you getting it go with them. How ever call Ralph tell him if he's your first choice and see if he want work with you on the price.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban

Thanks

thanks F_F

So you mean any line of "proven line" het Ivory YB are competible to each other in order to make Ivory? For example Jared line YB can breed with Amir line YB to make Ivory(if I'm lucky)?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

thanks F_F

So you mean any line of "proven line" het Ivory YB are competible to each other in order to make Ivory? For example Jared line YB can breed with Amir line YB to make Ivory(if I'm lucky)?
    Yea I think so I'm not dealing with YB this year but I think so maybe someone like Ed Clark that has done YB and even Ivorys can help more.

Sorry I can e of more help.

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: So many questions: Pastel YB, YB, Lesser

Yep, breed yellow belly X yellow belly get Ivory Ball. I have never heard of any line of yellow bellies being incompatible, I believe Amir started it all with yellow bellies. there are some people that started with imports and produced Ivory Balls, but would suggest starting out with a proven line. yellow bellies are a bargain, price wise.

If your thinking about the pastel yellow belly, its always better to start out with the best looking pastels if you want to produce the best pastel yellow bellies.
    thanks F_F

Thanks

Thanks Ed

Thanks

Amir Soleymani of Snakes at Sunset
    ...Originally aquired the first Yellow Belly in 1997 and proved them to be genetic in 1999
    ...Produced the first captive bred and hatched Ebony ball python
    Richard Sisco
    SiscoReptiles.com

Thanks

Don't want to start up a new thread and this Q is still about Yellow Bellied....

A friend of mine got male Bumblebee he wants to breed next year. He's still can't decide between breeding his bee with which morph.

What will you get if you breed bumblebee with Yellow Bellied? Please tell the % of each morph that will come from bee x YB.

What's the % of killer bee when you breed Bumble bee with Pastel. My guess is 25% correct?

If I breed Pastel YB with Pastel, will I have a chance to get Super Pastel YB? Is this morph exist? How does this morph look?

Thanks
    T
    T

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast