Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,464

1 members and 3,463 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Moving After Feed

Some unexpected things have come up and I am going to have to move my ball python, Dex, out of my current place TONIGHT. This is only temporary as I'm signing the lease for my new place within a week or 2 and moving into my new apartment either July first or mid July).
    I fortunately, found a friend that can take him that's close so I can still go and check in on him and stuff.
    BUT, I fed him last night. It quite literally has JUST been 24 hours since he ate. Im going to have move him in a few hours. What should I watch for and be careful about?
    I already tried to see if he could stay the night and move him tomorrow morning but it's looking extremely unlikely and I'd rather just prepare for it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks
    If it's been 24 hours I would not worry. He should be fine to move.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fluffykitten For This Useful Post:

honey.bee. (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Re: Moving After Feed

Agreed. A brief move into a moving container and relocated should be okay. Just try and keep that container warm (i.e. warm bottles of water) And keep the time away from his enclosure heat as short as possible. The handling itself is likely less of an issue than the transit, especially if you left him in a container longer than needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

honey.bee. (06-02-2019)

Thanks

Re: Moving After Feed

Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    Agreed. A brief move into a moving container and relocated should be okay. Just try and keep that container warm (i.e. warm bottles of water) And keep the time away from his enclosure heat as short as possible. The handling itself is likely less of an issue than the transit, especially if you left him in a container longer than needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm waiting until right before we move everything out to get him in a container and hopefully everything is a quick setup once at my friend's.
    Although it's looking like my friend won't be able to take him until tomorrow morning, and although more stressful for me, I'd feel better about not bothering him so close after a feed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Sucks having to move your little noodle so close after eating but he should be fine as it's been at least 24 hours. I remember every time I've moved with Crowley he was always in shed mode but even while in shed it would take him a couple minutes and then he'd have his head sticking right up for the car ride. I'm pretty sure my little guy loves car rides because he wasn't balled up at all and just curious about his surroundings. As for your little Dexter I hope all goes well, moving is never fun.