Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,316

2 members and 3,314 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Threaded View

Thanks

Sooo someone didn’t want this girl...

Yeah now I have it. Vet said it’s healthy, came in a 20l cage with an internal bulb for heat and basking. A really cool enclosure but not for a beardie.
    I’ve never owned one of these and so I figured I’d come here for a few questions.
    Thermostat with a Che for heat, and a separate uvb bulb would be ideal correct? Was thinking a 40b zilla enclosure as it has the convenience of the locking screen lid, and I can get a deal on it new.
    For substrate was going to use paper towel until I can get tiles to fit, some log hides a walk in water bowl and some basking spots.

Now for the beardie. Has an orangish color so that’s cool, supposedly it’s “in shed” and is “about one year” and they no longer wanted it.
    The very tip of tail looks almost pinched, get said keep an eye on it it may fall off it may not depending on how fresh the injury even is (the previous owners didn’t notice it somehow..)
    She seems... thin? I’ve never owned a beardie before, but I can see the outlines of ribs, but not deep rib lines. What’s a good fatten em up food for them? Maybe wax and hornworms once a week with supers crickets and new worms plus veggies?
    Everything else seems healthy. No mbd from what little I know, the red spot on the mouth isn’t blood it’s peppers lol. Nice temperament. Hated me but then saw I gave it veggies and had been super interested in me since. I think it was getting mostly bugs with “a powder” and those pellet food garbage they sell at lps’s.

Any and all I put appreciate, the setup will be purchased and ready for them tonight, but I wana monitor the thermostat and Che for maybe the night before tossing her in so we don’t cook her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Solidsnek For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-28-2019)