I recently purchased a breeder size Het dreamsicle female that I was planning on breeding next season after I had everything 100% ready. Well the breeder I bought her from paired her up in December and didn’t think that the pairing was successful and moved on. I came home today to a clutch of 5 eggs(1 slug).

With the knowledge I have so far from this forum I knew letting her self incubate didn’t give me great odds for the eggs hatching so I went to tractor supply got a chicken incubator, 6qt sterilite container, perlite, light diffuser/grid and did what I could do.

At first I had the perlite damp and my temperature was sitting right about 90 and humidity 50% I know this is too low for humidity so I added a water bowl outside the egg box and sealed up 90% of the seams and holes in the incubator and added
more water to the perlite all I got so far was a 5% increase in humidity so still too low. Temperature is still holding. I also saran wrapped the egg box and taped it down.

I’d appreciate any suggestions at this point and how long do I have before the eggs start getting damaged due to low humidity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk