Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,402

3 members and 3,399 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

How to know if it has pastel?

Hi~

Recently purchased a baby ball from a breeder. He was listed as a enchi ivory. However same breeder recently posted one from another clutch that looks pretty much just the same as he does listed as a enchi pastel ivory. Wondering if there is any possibility that my guy could be a pastel as well or are his bright colors just from the enchi? He is a lot brighter than most other enchi ivories I've seen on morphmarket and the pairing he came from was enchi highway x Pastel enchi YB.

Oh and btw if for some reason any of this is reading out as enchilada instead of enchi don't worry, I had to battle autocorrect through this entire post LOL

Lets first start with a few photos of my guy first as hatchling and on from yesterday after his first shed:

And then a photo of another one from Morphmarket which is Enchi Pastel Ivory:
    Last edited by EmiLee; 05-14-2019 at 02:28 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EmiLee For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (05-14-2019)

Thanks
    Im mostly just interested to learn how to see the difference between just a enchi and an enchi pastel. I could see that maybe the second one is a little bit more yellow in some of the photos. Would that be the tell tale sign?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Re: How to know if it has pastel?

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLee View Post
    Im mostly just interested to learn how to see the difference between just a enchi and an enchi pastel. I could see that maybe the second one is a little bit more yellow in some of the photos. Would that be the tell tale sign?
    Pretty much this. With ivorys it's definitely not an obvious thing but with a enchi vs enchi pastel, it's easy to see the difference as the one with pastel is much brighter and has much more yellow. As a hatchling a enchi pastel is almost pure yellow and black, as they are they do tend to brown out on the top but you can still easily see the added yellow on the sides vs a pure enchi. With your combo, the pastel will just brighten up the snake and show more yellow vs white.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sometime as a breeder you will produce animals that have either never been done before or look above than the average individual with similar genetics which can pause issue when it comes to identifying.

All you can do is at the time they have their first shed is guess to the best of your ability and sell the animal for what YOU can guarantee is in it even if that means your customer will get 1 or 2 extra genes and in that case the only way to know is to breed the animal to isolate every single gene (some people will chose a normal I chose a single recessive)
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ShawarmaPoutine (05-16-2019),the_rotten1 (05-14-2019)