Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
I've watched it a couple times now - had to let everything sink in.

I, too, enjoyed the ending. I think the writers were more about big production than story, and they left a lot to the imagination of the audience, but still, it was a nice ending.

Here are my thoughts: Bran. Holy cow. If you really think about Bran, he truly played THE BEST game of thrones. Once he became the three-eyed raven, he was able to manipulate the pieces as he saw fit. He orchestrated the outcome of the Battle of Winterfell by giving Arya the dagger, he had the power to warn everyone about Dany but didn't, thus setting up the situation in which all of his enemies and rival to the throne would be removed and/or killed INCLUDING Jon. It is also hinted at that he now can possibly have the power of a dragon as if he finds Drogon, he may be able to warg into him and control him. The Stark family is completely set up after this, and I believe he orchestrated ALL of it in true GoT style. He left me with a very unsettled feeling too because a.) who's to say how long a three-eyed raven will live and b.) even though the council agreed to vote on new kings going forward, who's to say that Bran won't continually manipulate the outcome of said councils, and when he passes on the powers of the three-eyed raven, his successors don't continue to do the same?
Excellent analysis.

The story was solid all the way through, and the ending was really appropriate. It was just the presentation that failed in the last few seasons. And it's a shame. They really should have just taken their time and done the story justice.

As it is, GoT is one of the greatest fantasy epics ever filmed, but imagine if they could have maintained the quality of the first five season though to the end.