Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,176

1 members and 1,175 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Threaded View

Thanks

Is this normal? Getting worried.

My ball python has not pooped for over a month and 5 feedings. His prey was a little undersized for the month of March because for some reason the F/T pack I got from the pet store had mice that were smaller than advertised, but he did take an appropriately sized rat pup last week.

I've heard of adult ball pythons going a month or two without pooping but not one this young. He's only about 200g. This is also not his normal schedule, he'll usually drop a urate or poop every 2 weeks. He has not shed for two months, which seems to be a bit too long since I've read most young BPs will shed every 4-6 weeks.

He also seems more lethargic and sluggish than usual, he moves more slowly when I take him out. While he has never been super head shy he actually let me stroke and even hold his head today which seems abnormal to me. I haven't seen him cruising his enclosure at night lately either.

He is starting to show signs of "sausage butt", here's a photo of his tail sticking out of my sleeve:

I'm wondering at what point I should try soaking him in warm water? He just seems kind of slow and bloated and uncomfortable to me, but I'm not very keen on soaking him unless I absolutely have to because it seems like it would be very stressful for him (and me as well). I'm not sure if he's in some way sick or just going into shed but if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it!
    Last edited by Luvyna; 04-05-2019 at 07:33 PM.