Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,962

3 members and 2,959 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    it's such a great big world for a smoll lil snek! i'm sending all the good vibes the lil one will turnup.

are there other snake enclosures in this room? if your hubby forgot to secure the lid to the Bredli, he may have forgotten to do the same to other ones. if so, the Bredli could have gotten into a different enclosure and is hanging out w/ another snake. i've heard this happen before. an owner would look for a lost snake everywhere around the house only to find 2 snakes together when it was time to clean or handle.

best of luck!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-05-2019),WhompingWillow (04-06-2019)

Thanks

Re: Worst nightmare - escaped snake!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Lots of people don't know about those gaps under bath & kitchen cabinets, at least not until their snake finds out about them first!
    (I found out many years ago, when my adult bull snake got loose, found it & brumated for 6 mos. before coming back out.)
    I'm so glad you got your snake back so quickly.
    You're exactly right, Bogertophis. I had no clue those gaps were there. How many times does one lay down on their bathroom floor and look under their cabinets?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skeptiball For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,906 Times in 11,892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    You're exactly right, Bogertophis. I had no clue those gaps were there. How many times does one lay down on their bathroom floor and look under their cabinets?
    And how many of us are small enough to see those gaps? But for a snake on the floor, it's just about eye level. "Look! I found a CAVE!" Hey snakes,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

WhompingWillow (04-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    it's such a great big world for a smoll lil snek! i'm sending all the good vibes the lil one will turnup.

are there other snake enclosures in this room? if your hubby forgot to secure the lid to the Bredli, he may have forgotten to do the same to other ones. if so, the Bredli could have gotten into a different enclosure and is hanging out w/ another snake. i've heard this happen before. an owner would look for a lost snake everywhere around the house only to find 2 snakes together when it was time to clean or handle.

best of luck!
    That was the first thing I checked, and unfortunately Zelda was the only one where the lid was not fully closed. It was about a 1/2 inch gap, plenty big for her to get through.

At this point we're going to wait until it's dark and we'll also feed half of the snakes. The other half we will feed tomorrow. I'm really hoping she's still in our bedroom, as that is the safest spot for her in terms of 1) temperature and 2) other animals. Thankfully our cats have been hanging out in the cat room downstairs for the past few days, and that's pretty well blocked off. The dogs, though... I do not think they would be kind to any moving small critter. :/
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    Thank you, I have checked under the bathroom vanity.

One things for certain, this lost snake is making me realize how much I need to deep clean some areas of my house. Talk about dust bunnies and random crap everywhere!
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-05-2019),Mislytherin (04-09-2019)

Thanks

Sorry to hear she got loose, hoping she will be alright and turn up soon! Trying to entice her out with food scent at night might work. My friend lost a milk snake for four months but eventually found him again after her family got a pet rabbit. They found the milk snake had been drawn out of hiding by the rabbit scent and was right beside the rabbit enclosure investigating it. Not that he had any hope of swallowing something that big, but I guess he was really hungry after all that time without food.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,906 Times in 11,892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Sorry to hear she got loose, hoping she will be alright and turn up soon! Trying to entice her out with food scent at night might work. My friend lost a milk snake for four months but eventually found him again after her family got a pet rabbit. They found the milk snake had been drawn out of hiding by the rabbit scent and was right beside the rabbit enclosure investigating it. Not that he had any hope of swallowing something that big, but I guess he was really hungry after all that time without food.
    One thing snakes aren't is "logical". But it's very cool that the snake was found safe & in time. (the rabbit could have killed him with a bite or kick)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (04-05-2019),WhompingWillow (04-06-2019)

Thanks
    Argh, I hope she turns up soon! Your post did remind me of the "What to do if your snake escapes" video from Snake Discovery, which included some tips and tricks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3IbkDgOvI

If any of that might help at all, could be worth a try!
    Last edited by RedRabbit; 04-05-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    Ball Pythons:
    2018 Cinnamon Enchi Ghost - Ignis ("Iggy")
    2018 Butter Mojave BEL - Ravus ("Rae")
    2022 Albino Super Lesser - Cyrus ("Cy")

Boa Imperator:
    2018 Hypo Blood - Genesis ("Gen")
    2019 IMG Motley - Requiem ("Q")
    2019 Sharp Blizzard - Elysium ("Elys")

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/iggy_and_rae

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-05-2019),Luvyna (04-05-2019),WhompingWillow (04-06-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    One thing snakes aren't is "logical". But it's very cool that the snake was found safe & in time. (the rabbit could have killed him with a bite or kick)
    It was definitely a nice surprise to see him turn up! Luckily I think the mesh of the rabbit enclosure was fine enough that the two animals couldn't reach each other, a rabbit could certainly hurt a snake pretty badly.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Try turning your thermostat down and put a hide out with a heat mat under it. Check it periodically and you might get lucky. I’ve only had snakes escape when I was a kid because we housed them incorrectly. If you have a screen top get clips and put books on top for safety. It might be best to get a more appropriate snake enclosure.
    I remember we found my childhood corn under the pool table. She was pretty much just sitting right out in the open. We got really lucky that she didn’t go into the vents or sump pump reservoir. Best of luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkL1561 For This Useful Post:

WhompingWillow (04-06-2019)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast