Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,294

2 members and 2,292 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: This is way cool... Rainbow supperstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Education? Well when others were watching cartoons at age 5 I wanted to watch things like Jacques Cousteau and National Geographic... this was the start of my love for animals and I read every book I could on animals for years..... When I first went to collage I was working on a biology degree. After 3 years I had some life things happens and redirected my life and went in the military. There I got a degree in Biomedical Engineering. Love what I do. I also have a second degree in Phycology. All through the years studying and working with any animal I could have an experience with. My life has been studying animals around me. I love snakes and that is why I chose to work with them. Reading and working with them are 2 completely different things. I grabbed several species to learn the differences hands on and how to provide for them and I spend hours studying their behavior and thought processes. Think of this as a hands on school for me. I know the respect then deserve. I know body language. I love how they problem solve. I enjoy helping others improve their care. I only hope that I help others make wiser decisions. I even have it in my will what happens to them if something happens to me.

I appreciate the advice. I also know what works for me and my animals. I blend the 2.

I even have a theory about ball pythons. Mine do better in the active part of the house. They eat better when I handle them more. Are mine unique? This is not recommended because they are shy? But works for me and my animals.

Also a theory about retic temps..... Rainbow has a range of 70 all the way up to 89. Her cage is huge and she moves and uses each temp zone at different times. Some say 70 is to cool but she loves it but also loves the 80 spot. just depends on what she wants to do.
    Great,

However, in the beginning the posts you made here didn't reflect that you had much knowledge about reptiles. That's fine we all start somewhere. It was pointed out by another member that you didn't know what a Urate was just last year. I wasn't inferring that you were uneducated, just that you have 1 year of experience with large snakes.

I'd be surprised if folks here didn't watch nature shows, the board is full of animal lovers.
    I'm happy you are enjoying this.

I'm just trying to help you out a bit. There is a reason you are getting comments like many of the above in regard to some of your posts.

A few people have made valid points.

Take it for what it's worth.

I wish you good luck.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Alicia (04-08-2019),Ax01 (04-08-2019),Bogertophis (04-08-2019),jmcrook (04-10-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),MissterDog (04-08-2019)