Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,426

1 members and 1,425 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Proving a male het

Adam,

The issues I give you a hard time on are ones you should know way better than I. You actually work with pieds, spiders, and caramels and also talk to bigger breeders who have been working with them for years. You should be beyond theories as to IF there is a significant tendency for piebalds hets to have the belly marker, spiders to spin, and caramels to kink; I would expect a smart guy like you to know by now. Remember I'm just some guy working with possible hets and reading Internet posts in a vacuum. If I'm a more reliable source of public information on these subjects than you then something is wrong. These morphs are getting common enough that more and more readers every year will have the personal experience to make up their minds as to which of us is posting accurate information.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRemington
    You actually work with pieds, spiders, and caramels and also talk to bigger breeders who have been working with them for years. You should be beyond theories as to IF there is a significant tendency for piebalds hets to have the belly marker, spiders to spin, and caramels to kink; I would expect a smart guy like you to know by now. Remember I'm just some guy working with possible hets and reading Internet posts in a vacuum.
    Exactly. So how is it then, that you can claim what I say is an "agenda" and what you say must be fact? ... Your logic is completely lost on me.

I think it's pretty arrogant of you to claim that you know me, know how smart I may or may not be, know what I do know, or know what I should know. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised ... you've got it all figured out, don't you?

Contrary to what you believe, ball python breeders aren't sitting around trying to figure out all of the things that you want them to each breeding season Randy ... They are running businesses so that they can make money to feed their families. Maybe if you were a little more patient and a little less whiney about what information "should be" out there, you'd see that we're all working to get to the same place. Even if you're not comfortable with how long it's taking to get there.

Relax, the answers are coming.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Relax, the answers are coming.
    "I know what you're thinking right now.... 'Why oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill!?"
    Ken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddbjdealer
    "I know what you're thinking right now.... 'Why oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill!?"
    LMAO.

Well, I've been down the rabbit hole and I've gotta say, it's way cool! ... The future for ball pythons is AMAZING!

-adam

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Thanks

I don't want to get anything started, i have read the thread over and over again trying to get one thing out of it. if you have a male pied and breed it to a normal female will the offspring be 100% het pied?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    if you have a male pied and breed it to a normal female will the offspring be 100% het pied?
    Each offspring from a het pied to normal breeding would have a 50% chance of being het for pied (50% het pied). Some offspring would be normals and some would be hets. Since you can not tell the difference between a normal and a het visually....all offpsring are consider 50% possible hets.
    Last edited by daniel1983; 11-02-2005 at 07:54 PM. Reason: ....I read the question wrong ;)
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    Each offspring would have a 50% chance of being het for pied (50% het pied). Some offspring would be normals and some would be hets. Since you can not tell the difference between a normal and a het visually....all offpsring are consider 50% possible hets.
    Actually .... he said "male pied" ... so yes, all of the offspring would be 100% het for piebald.

There is no disagreement over that fact.

-adam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Actually .... he said "male pied" ... so yes, all of the offspring would be 100% het for piebald.

There is no disagreement over that fact.

-adam
    ha ha.....i thought it said het pied male....thanks for the backup ....I can't believe I misread that....I guess I have het pieds on my mind
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    ha ha.....i thought it said het pied male....thanks for the backup ....I can't believe I misread that....I guess I have het pieds on my mind

-adam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123