Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,201

0 members and 3,201 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

3 Mile West Grey Banded King Snake Arizona

Lol I know Bogertophis is going to kill me, but I actually have another snake. She is a 3 mile west Grey Banded King Snake. Had her for almost a month as well. Things have been going perfect with her. I actually got information from the breeder this time as he was actually dropping the snakes off at the reptile store while I was there.... (Which Reminds me this is the same guy that had the Trans Pecos!!! Time to call him up!!)

So far things have been going good and this has actually been the easiest snake so far, eats fine and is really chill. So cute when she burrows (I get scared thinking I lost her but then see her little nose popping out lol)...

I think I have a thing for big eyes hahah!!

Here she is...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mistery510 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-20-2023),Homebody (10-20-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts
    Not going to kill you! She's BEAUTIFUL and a very good choice! I've had king snakes in the past (& even bred some), never a grey banded though. I'm not surprised that this breeder is also the source of the TPs- they have good taste, as do you. I know what you mean about those snake-eyes. I LOVE the expressions that some snakes have.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Mistery510 (10-20-2023)

Thanks
    It's fun to see snakes burrowing, & some really love it. When I bred & raised rosy boas, I made some substrate for the neonates initially by taking several layers of paper towels & tearing them into strips, then fluffing the curling strips together, & using them between a single layer paper towel underneath, & a single layer paper towel over the shreds, folding back a corner for a doorway, & holding it in place with the water bowl. Watching those little ones feeling so safe while exploring through the soft shreds, was just a hoot to watch. As a result, they also fed extremely well.

I later switched them to deep Carefresh, which holds together slightly, enabling them to dig & leave tunnels! Your king would like Carefresh too, btw.

There are many creative things you can do so snakes feel at home & I think giving them new things to explore is also a good way for them to learn, like snakey-kindergarten?
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-20-2023 at 12:21 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Homebody (10-20-2023)

Thanks
    Yeah she's have fun digging around in the coconut chunks, but i do feel they might be a bit tough on her skin...

Yes i got a bunch of clean shredded paper and buying some care fresh this weekend to update all my tanks... Plus Care fresh and clean shredded paper it literally 1/4 the cost of other substrates lol.. so thats a plus!

I appreciate you a LOT for putting up with my crazy snake spree and giving me so much information!!!

Thanks

Re: 3 Mile West Grey Banded King Snake Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Mistery510 View Post
    ...I appreciate you a LOT for putting up with my crazy snake spree and giving me so much information!!!
    Let's just say I know the feeling..."been there, done that". Just be careful not to go overboard on # of snakes you're keeping- you want to leave time to enjoy each one- not to mention stay within your budget (leave some savings in case medical care is needed), & all that cleaning gets old after a while.

Welcome to the addiction of keeping snakes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Mistery510 (10-20-2023)

Thanks

Cool

I mean... There is a Beautiful BP as well as a baby Black Mexican King snake I keep eye balling!!!! ahahaha... jkjk!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mistery510 View Post
    I mean... There is a Beautiful BP as well as a baby Black Mexican King snake I keep eye balling!!!! ahahaha... jkjk!!
    I love & used to have MBKs too- they're another great choice. Sorry, I'm not "helping" am I? (I've had BPs, they're not my favorite snakes- very fussy.)

I'm SO glad that shop is near you & NOT near me!
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-20-2023 at 01:15 PM.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,909 Times in 840 Posts
    Omg she's adorable. ♥️

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Mistery510 (10-20-2023)

Thanks

Smile Re: 3 Mile West Grey Banded King Snake Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    Omg she's adorable. ♥️

She is and just overall a super calm snake.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I love & used to have MBKs too- they're another great choice. Sorry, I'm not "helping" am I? (I've had BPs, they're not my favorite snakes- very fussy.)

I'm SO glad that shop is near you & NOT near me!

I know right =P !!! The BP was beautiful but I've just never been a BP fan that much..

But yeah Honestly if the MBK is Still there in a month.. I may get it... I think a lot of people miss it because its at the bottom of the enclosure wall and there's no for sale tag yet (it came with the TP and GBK lol)... I think my only real concern with the MBK is that they get almost 6 feet long right? That'll be the biggest snake (once all have grown) ill have an thats a little intimidating.. But thats a reason why all my snakes so far have been babies or yearlings.. So that we can all grow together!! if that makes sense... because i still am scared of big snakes lol
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-20-2023 at 01:39 PM. Reason: "grow" not "row" together? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast