Hi, so I got my Trans-pecos ratsnake on saturday & she looked fine, I didn't see anything on her that looked even remotely like mites. She ate for the first time with me last night, still looked totally fine, & this morning she had her head poking out of a hide & I saw two mites on her face. I checked under the hide and there were 2-3 more crawling on the paper towel. I don't know how this could have happened, there's nothing in her tank that could have ever been exposed to mites, everything was thoroughly disinfected before she was put in it, I guess they were just hiding on her somewhere since I got her??
Regardless of how she got them, though, she has them & I think I need a little bit of guidance. I'm going to be ordering some PAM today but that wont be here for a few days, what can I do until it gets here? My local petco has this: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...-reptile-spray .Would this work for now? There's also a possibility that a reptile store about an hour from me carries PAM but I'm still waiting on a message back from them to be sure.
The poor baby, I can't believe I missed this. I've read a lot about treating mites but now that I actually have to I feel completely lost..
Thank you for reading