Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,233

1 members and 3,232 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think I made a previous post about this. To reiterate, I'm not for or against the restriction of the breeding or selling of spider bp.

Both sides have good points. Just as one can argue the possibility that the animal may be suffering, in any shape or form, the same burden should be applied to the idea that it may not be suffering as bad it some claim. As nature will it, not every living organism has evolved 'perfectfully' or in its 'ideal' condition: we all have some flaw, mentally or physically, seen or unseen, pain or less pain. And yet, nature persevere and that is what is most overlooked. Yes, the wild spider ball python is a rarity, but it is not an exception to the rule. The weird, the unusual and the least expected fight harder and survives. As an example, I fostered orphaned kittens and had owned puppies and the runts are usually the ones that fight the hardest to live and flourish better in growth and appetite than its 'normal' siblings. The odds may be against one who have trouble to eat, but it is not going to stop trying.

More research is needed and I hear that it is in the works. In the meantime, if you have a spider or champagne or woma that wobbles, treat it with more care and consideration while giving it the respect rather feeling bad for it. It is a majestic in its own right, even if it has to work a little harder.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

Dianne (03-13-2019)