Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,008

1 members and 2,007 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

This really saddens me ... sorry if it upsets anyone ..

Well sadly frowning isn't really enough for this ..

I've heard a couple of news stories recently where evil bar~stewards have been picking up young ,homeless children then maiming and crippling them so they can use them as beggars ..

I knew this kind of thing went on but for some reason it's really hit me hard this time ..

I just can't understand why the authorities allow these people to carry on with this ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 1,098 Posts

Re: This really saddens me ... sorry if it upsets anyone ..

There is so much misery in the world--it is best not to think about it on a grand scale.

Maiming children (your own/others) for begging purposes is nothing new. It has existed in many countries for centuries and remains prevalent in some areas of the world today.

You don't see these children as adults for the obvious reason.

Note: Cultural Traditions/Practices do not recognize borders.
    Last edited by Lord Sorril; 02-02-2019 at 05:07 AM.
    *.* TNTC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (02-02-2019)

Thanks

It never surprises me that there's always one sick twisted person out there doing something like this. But its awful to know that this actually happens, and probably more than one person doing it. If I ever found out who it was...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    It never surprises me that there's always one sick twisted person out there doing something like this. But its awful to know that this actually happens, and probably more than one person doing it. If I ever found out who it was...
    I've purposely omitted the gory details but it's far more prevalent than I ever imagined

Thanks
    Thanked 9,874 Times in 4,783 Posts
    When I read stories like this I have to remind myself that I can't help everyone, but I can work to make my corner of the world a little better.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-02-2019),zina10 (02-02-2019),Zincubus (02-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Don't ever feel bad to share. Sometimes some of the evils of this world just hit us particularly hard. Perhaps its because it is so vile. Or because it catches us at a time where we feel down to begin with.

Reaching out and sharing or just venting is one way to relieve the burden on the mind just a little bit.

So much evil in this world, isn't there ? It truly is mind blowing. What I find sad is that some people focus on such unimportant things. It really turns me off when people conserve their hatred and prejudice towards people such as homosexuals or people that are just different but do not hurt anyone. Who cares what people do in the privacy of their home or with whom? As long as its consensual? Who are we to tell people whether they have the right to have some love and someone to hold close in their lives. One of the big reason religion turns me of. To often used for hatred and prejudice and judgement. I have faith. But I don't believe in religion as its man made and humans always have an agenda and like to manipulate.

But enough of that point of it, or I will be known as the off topic queen. Its just that you get bombarded nowadays with that kind of prejudice and hatred and it always makes me think, isn't there enough TRUE evil in the world? Truly terrible people we should be "hating" or trying to do something about? Why do rapists and molesters still get out in a short while (jeez, tax cheaters get longer jail time) just to do the same or worse crimes? I'm a big fan of true crime, in books and on TV, I LOVE Forensic Files, but its mind blowing to me at times. How many women or children get raped and murdered by people that were previously locked up for the same crimes.

So sad that to this very day, women always have to keep in the back of the mind that they could get attacked. Going jogging? Better go where there are people and in daylight. Cross a dark parking lot? Don't tell me you aren't nervous. Why is this ? So much evil out there, and we focus on who people may love. Its sad.

Every now and then I come across a story that hits me particularly hard. Truly the kind that you cannot shake and it affects you deeply.

For me it was a book I recently read. Got it for free on my Kindle.

It is a very, very hard read. Not only because it is a true story. Its not even as "gory" as the one about Jeffrey Dahmer (which was also very hard to read). Its the whole point about how evil people can be. And even worse...how seemingly normal people can join in to this. Can loose all of their humanity and join in. A bunch of them. From different back grounds. Its like a pack mentality. What does that say about us as humans ? What is anyone truly capable of given the circumstances ?

I know you are a curious bunch, so I will link you to the book. But read the reviews first, it will tell you just how much it affects many people, and how difficult of a read it is.

Torture Mom: A Chilling True Story of Confinement, Mutilation and Murder (True Crime)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You also don't want to ask me what I would like to happen to people that do this to children. Or really anyone that tortures, rapes, murders, maims. On one hand I don't want to lower myself to the same level and wish evil upon them. But its hard not to do.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (02-04-2019)

Thanks

There IS a special place in hell for them.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    You have only to look who is in charge of the world to know how truly evil it is.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MR Snakes For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (02-05-2019)

Thanks

This really saddens me ... sorry if it upsets anyone ..

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Don't ever feel bad to share. Sometimes some of the evils of this world just hit us particularly hard. Perhaps its because it is so vile. Or because it catches us at a time where we feel down to begin with.

Reaching out and sharing or just venting is one way to relieve the burden on the mind just a little bit.

So much evil in this world, isn't there ? It truly is mind blowing. What I find sad is that some people focus on such unimportant things. It really turns me off when people conserve their hatred and prejudice towards people such as homosexuals or people that are just different but do not hurt anyone. Who cares what people do in the privacy of their home or with whom? As long as its consensual? Who are we to tell people whether they have the right to have some love and someone to hold close in their lives. One of the big reason religion turns me of. To often used for hatred and prejudice and judgement. I have faith. But I don't believe in religion as its man made and humans always have an agenda and like to manipulate.

But enough of that point of it, or I will be known as the off topic queen. Its just that you get bombarded nowadays with that kind of prejudice and hatred and it always makes me think, isn't there enough TRUE evil in the world? Truly terrible people we should be "hating" or trying to do something about? Why do rapists and molesters still get out in a short while (jeez, tax cheaters get longer jail time) just to do the same or worse crimes? I'm a big fan of true crime, in books and on TV, I LOVE Forensic Files, but its mind blowing to me at times. How many women or children get raped and murdered by people that were previously locked up for the same crimes.

So sad that to this very day, women always have to keep in the back of the mind that they could get attacked. Going jogging? Better go where there are people and in daylight. Cross a dark parking lot? Don't tell me you aren't nervous. Why is this ? So much evil out there, and we focus on who people may love. Its sad.

Every now and then I come across a story that hits me particularly hard. Truly the kind that you cannot shake and it affects you deeply.

For me it was a book I recently read. Got it for free on my Kindle.

It is a very, very hard read. Not only because it is a true story. Its not even as "gory" as the one about Jeffrey Dahmer (which was also very hard to read). Its the whole point about how evil people can be. And even worse...how seemingly normal people can join in to this. Can loose all of their humanity and join in. A bunch of them. From different back grounds. Its like a pack mentality. What does that say about us as humans ? What is anyone truly capable of given the circumstances ?

I know you are a curious bunch, so I will link you to the book. But read the reviews first, it will tell you just how much it affects many people, and how difficult of a read it is.

Torture Mom: A Chilling True Story of Confinement, Mutilation and Murder (True Crime)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You also don't want to ask me what I would like to happen to people that do this to children. Or really anyone that tortures, rapes, murders, maims. On one hand I don't want to lower myself to the same level and wish evil upon them. But its hard not to do.
    Thank you for taking so much time on your reply ... I have indeed had a lot of stress to deal with this last few weeks and I think this story just tipped me overboard .. I actually forgot the other worries as this seemed to dominate my thoughts at least once each day ..

I know there are a lot of evil people out there ( my wife counteracts this by saying there are sooooo many more loving and kind people )

Now so many crimes are despicable but crippling young innocent children just takes things to a new level

Last edited by Zincubus; 02-04-2019 at 08:48 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-04-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 460 Posts
    This stuff is very sad indeed. I spend a lot of time in India in my younger years and saw stuff like this all the time. I'm a nurse and I started my career at a Pediatric ICU where I saw some pretty awful things that adults did to kids. I have a strong sense of wanting to right wrongs.. .

but here's the thing. We can only do so much. We can be angry and sad and have empathy and feel helpless, and the helplessness will send us (at least me) into a depression and steal the joy from the lives and blessings we have, be they big or small. This stuff will eat us up.

I learned many years ago that we can't fix the world. We can't fix other people's problems if they don't want to change either (such as a dear friend who is alcoholic and doesn't want to change). You have to just pick a couple of things within your sphere of influence and make the world a better place in ways that you can. It might be volunteering locally, fostering homeless pets, being a listening ear to someone in need-- and praying.

I am not a religious person so my prayers are not formal. It's more like sending heart-hugs to people and animals and the earth, and I think that even those prayers/thoughts/heart-hugs can help.
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-04-2019),Zincubus (02-04-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast