Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,200

2 members and 3,198 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Why is my ball python so small?

Why is my ball python so small? it its just under 9 months 22" long 3.5cm wide, it didnt eat its food on monday, and i have had them for about 2 months, i dont know its sex since it wasn't sexed. ;~;

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what kind of answer you are looking for since you are not giving much detail or even posting a picture, people do not go by length they go by weight (length is very inaccurate and does not tell much about the animal)

Weight alone without a picture does not mean much either as the weigh does not allow you to gauge the animal's body condition.

So picture, hatch date , weight, prey size and feeding frequency are what is needed for an answer.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

mandymg86 (01-31-2019),pretends2bnormal (01-31-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,830 Times in 11,847 Posts
    Young snakes can seem to take "forever" before they put on much body weight...gotta be patient. They tend to gain a bit of length that's very hard for
    us to notice, so it often doesn't appear they are any bigger around. As they grow & eat larger prey, you'll start to see a bigger difference- it just takes time.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Why is my ball python so small?

Quote Originally Posted by [Harri] View Post
    Why is my ball python so small? it its just under 9 months 22" long 3.5cm wide, it didnt eat its food on monday, and i have had them for about 2 months, i dont know its sex since it wasn't sexed. ;~;
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Not sure what kind of answer you are looking for since you are not giving much detail or even posting a picture, people do not go by length they go by weight (length is very inaccurate and does not tell much about the animal)

Weight alone without a picture does not mean much either as the weigh does not allow you to gauge the animal's body condition.

So picture, hatch date , weight, prey size and feeding frequency are what is needed for an answer.
    and if it's not eating, we need to troubleshoot your husbandry. what's your enclosure and setup like? temps and humidity? what's it eating and how do u offer food? do u handle? how often? you may checkout this stickie for a nice walkthrough on BP care: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ips-and-Tricks
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-31-2019)