Alright, so I need some suggestions on heating. I have a new setup for my BP, it is a 36x36x18 exoterra that was available to me for too cheap for me to turn down. I know it's a bit on the large side, but I have it filled with lots of hides and plants and branches, and my BP is in it, took his first meal with it a few days ago without any problems, without skipping a meal. As soon as the lights go out, he is out climbing and exploring the tank, so it seems to suit him.

Anyways, my problem comes in with heating. I have a che bulb on top of the screen lid. His main hides he hides in during the day are on the very bottom of the tank, and in order to get the heat down there to an appropriate level, the heat up near the top of the tank are pretty hot. Like I said, he goes up there at night and the heat doesnt bother him, but I worry about it for too reasons: 1. Potentially being too hot there for him despite his willingness to hang out up there, and 2. This hot spot creates a huge area too hot to grow plants without scalding the leaves. The second thing isnt too big of a problem, other than me wanting it to be visually appealing and providing more cover for him.

Temps on the bottom of the tank are high 70s, with a uth on the side next to his hot hide to heat it up to 85. Temps up top range from 80s up to 90s, and right under the heat bulb is about 100 (which I know is too hot).

So, any suggestions on how to get more of an even heat? Someone suggested adding a small fan in there to blow more of the heat around while cooking off the top. I could use a smaller che to reduce the heat temps up top, but then it would be too cold on the bottom. Humidity is not a problem, as I have two small nano tanks in the front corners of the tanks, and hydroballs with cocohusk for the bedding material. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk