Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
Very cute new addition...congratulations and welcome!

The only thing I would change on your setup is to drop the uth to no more than 90F. They will burrow down to the heat source, so you want to be sure that it is no more than the high end of their range. If it’s too warm they often won’t use the warm end, prefering to stay too cool than uncomfortably warm. You also don’t want the uth to get hot enough to burn them, so kudos for having everything on a good thermostat.
Thanks! Hear me out, i had it set to 91 at first for the UTH. When i first brought him home he kept climbing into the fake vines to get closer to the CHE, or so that’s what my thought was. So i turned up his UTH to 93ish and he started going into his warm hide more.

Should i still try turning it down and see how it goes? I have the Herpstat probe hot glued to the inside of the tank, directly over the heat pad. I know there is a lot of controversy over if the probe should go on the inside or outside of the tank, but this made the most sense to me. I still check the temps every so often and check the highs and lows according to the Herpstat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk