Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,341

3 members and 3,338 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Threaded View

Thanks

Possible scale rot?

I don't know if im being too anxious and overthinking it but I am not sure if this is scale rot or not. I do feed prekill and sometimes live if he gets smaller prey items so I am thinking it may just be some small injury from the prey. I noticed he had the small brown thing on him a while ago but I assumed it was just a slight cut from the rat. But now i have noticed that his stomach is pink, and I don't recall it getting like that before a shed. But maybe it is because he's going into shed. And the weird part is that his belly scales are flaking?? Its only on his stomach, so it's weird. I have never had that before with him or any other of my snakes. It has been cold lately so the humidity is kinda hard to keep up. The humidity is usualy around 50, and the heat mat is around 85. I did put a lamp on yesterday because at night it drops to maybe 30 degrees, so I wanted to make sure the entire tank wasn't freezing. But everything Is on a thermostat. I don't know If this is just something from going into shed or its a possible burn or scale rot. I'll most likely make a vet appointment tomorrow If i feel it is as serious as I think . sorry for the quality, hard to take pics with one hand.
    ]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by em_24; 01-06-2019 at 02:29 AM. Reason: add photos