Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,210

1 members and 3,209 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bad Neck Kink

Thanks

Re: Bad Neck Kink

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabycsx View Post
    It’s not just his line. The super cinnamon morph is known for having defects. That’s the reason a lot of people don’t breed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. It's one of the morphs that should not be bred.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    There is a facebook page for inquiries, praise and criticism now. It gets a LOT of traffic, I dare say even more so then Fauna Classified.

You should look it up , ask to join, and then post. Just like with Fauna, make sure you read the rules and then post with all information you have. Pictures, screen shots of text messages, anything at all.

FBI - Feedback and Inquiries For Reptiles << that is it, find it on facebook

I did a search on there and there are 2 posts regarding that breeder. Each time nothing but praise...Although those posts aren't that long. One has 34 comments, that one was an inquiry. Then there is a praise one, with 4 comments.

Doesn't mean he didn't mess up this time and shouldn't be held accountable.

You will definitely need to answer how and where the snake was housed while your wife kept it a secret. Even the breeder will question whether it has been housed correctly. Even though that doesn't change a kink in the neck.

Just have all your ducks in a row and then go with it. You can 100% ask for your money back through paypal. Do a charge back. Do NOT euthanize the snake. While it may be the kind thing to do, while all this is going on, it needs to stay alive. And you may have to return it.

While its easy to be noble online and say the snake shouldn't go back to that guy, this is $500 we are talking about. It is not fair to you that you should have that loss.

I'm going to hire you to be my SPA (Snake Purchasing Advocate)! My head is spinning.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MR Snakes For This Useful Post:

zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I would never sell a hatchling with a defect. No matter what morph, cheap, expensive, normal.

It just doesn't seem right. I would re-home it carefully, to the right home, to someone with experience and willingness to take it on. If the defect was to severe, then I would do the heartbreaking task of putting it down.

"You forever become responsible for what you have tamed" You are also responsible for what you have created. And a snake with no quality of life means you do the hard thing.

I didn't even sell one of my hatchlings that had no other issues then being a difficult starter. Refused to eat, like some just do. To the point of assist feeding after all other options were exhausted. Even assist feeding was challenging with that one. I eventually got it to eat. Then to eat on its own. Then it would grab, coil and eat with gusto! After 3 or 4 of those great feedings I gave that one away, despite being a gorgeous looking morph and a sweet heart. It just didn't feel right to sell her. She went to a good home with full disclosure. If she had gone back to not eating because of the stress of moving, she would have come back to me.
    She is a TREASURED pet now. I get pictures frequently. She is growing and thriving and gorgeous. She has never refused a meal yet. She is the sister to "Sunny" my Super Emperor Pinstripe girl. Her sister is just as gorgeous.

Actually, most of my hatchlings were either given away or sold at low prices. Same for the adults I "sold". This way I was able to be very picky about where they ended up. However, there is NOTHING wrong with good breeders asking good prices. I have no problem paying for a healthy snake with the genetics I want from a GOOD and REPUTABLE source.

He may be a good breeder with quality animals. He may (so far) have a great reputation. If the snake was in as bad of a shape in his care as it is now, it shouldn't have been sold, period! I would love to hear what he has to say.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupČry

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (12-31-2018),Bogertophis (12-30-2018),Dianne (12-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    I'm going to hire you to be my SPA (Snake Purchasing Advocate)! My head is spinning.
    I've been in those circles for quite a long time. The BOI and FBI are sometime entertaining to read. Sometimes you just wonder how low people can sink and you feel like you need to shower after reading. Such scumbags out there. But it also teaches you who/what to stay away from.

I cannot say this enough, do your homework before buying. It can save you a lot of head ache and heart ache. I think you will be just fine, though, you have learned a TON already, and fast, too. I think your snakes will be some very fortunate ones, indeed. The way it should be
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupČry

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (12-31-2018),MR Snakes (12-30-2018)

Thanks

I would never sell a hatchling with a defect. No matter what morph, cheap, expensive, normal.

It just doesn't seem right. I would re-home it carefully, to the right home, to someone with experience and willingness to take it on. If the defect was to severe, then I would do the heartbreaking task of putting it down.

"You forever become responsible for what you have tamed" You are also responsible for what you have created. And a snake with no quality of life means you do the hard thing.

I didn't even sell one of my hatchlings that had no other issues then being a difficult starter. Refused to eat, like some just do. To the point of assist feeding after all other options were exhausted. Even assist feeding was challenging with that one. I eventually got it to eat. Then to eat on its own. Then it would grab, coil and eat with gusto! After 3 or 4 of those great feedings I gave that one away, despite being a gorgeous looking morph and a sweet heart. It just didn't feel right to sell her. She went to a good home with full disclosure. If she had gone back to not eating because of the stress of moving, she would have come back to me.
    She is a TREASURED pet now. I get pictures frequently. She is growing and thriving and gorgeous. She has never refused a meal yet. She is the sister to "Sunny" my Super Emperor Pinstripe girl. Her sister is just as gorgeous.

Actually, most of my hatchlings were either given away or sold at low prices. Same for the adults I "sold". This way I was able to be very picky about where they ended up. However, there is NOTHING wrong with good breeders asking good prices. I have no problem paying for a healthy snake with the genetics I want from a GOOD and REPUTABLE source.

He may be a good breeder with quality animals. He may (so far) have a great reputation. If the snake was in as bad of a shape in his care as it is now, it shouldn't have been sold, period! I would love to hear what he has to say.
    Very well said.
    Your outlook is refreshing and commendable

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

cfd701 (01-01-2019),zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    Yes. It's one of the morphs that should not be bred.

I have learned this fact as well. Maybe a little late, but the super does seem to have its issues. I just don't think that if a breeder sales this morph with issues to a person with little knowledge and tells them that a kink will cause no issues, then that is irresponsible.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Russell Bye For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),Dianne (12-30-2018),MR Snakes (12-30-2018),zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks

I just wish everyone had these same morals. It is fine for people to have a business and make profits, but never sell an animal with defects just to make money.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russell Bye For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks

I've been in those circles for quite a long time. The BOI and FBI are sometime entertaining to read. Sometimes you just wonder how low people can sink and you feel like you need to shower after reading. Such scumbags out there. But it also teaches you who/what to stay away from.

I cannot say this enough, do your homework before buying. It can save you a lot of head ache and heart ache. I think you will be just fine, though, you have learned a TON already, and fast, too. I think your snakes will be some very fortunate ones, indeed. The way it should be
    Dummie here.......what is BOI & FBI? You're not in trouble now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Bye View Post
    I have learned this fact as well. Maybe a little late, but the super does seem to have its issues. I just don't think that if a breeder sales this morph with issues to a person with little knowledge and tells them that a kink will cause no issues, then that is irresponsible.
    You are absolutely right.
    I myself have just recently learned of all the ball python morph issues.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

I learned early on about less than ethical breeders/sellers when I bought my Solomon Island ground boa who was “captive bred and feeding on small mice” at the table when I purchased him. When I reached out to the vendor when he refused to eat, all of a sudden he was wild caught and ‘usually’ ate lizards...ummm, not those either. I eventually got him eating, but it was initially assist feeding when he started dropping weight.

For new buyers it can be overwhelming at times, and there doesn’t seem to be much available for this seller so there wouldn’t have been any red flags. These forums and websites at least help weed out some of the worst sellers. Hopefully the seller will make good on the purchase or there are avenues available through the purchasing vendor to get their money back. I do agree to handling this professionally through the appropriate chanels and keeping the animal alive until it is resolved. Best of luck to the OP.
    Other Snakes:
    Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python; Dakota 2014 0.0.1 Children’s python

Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast