Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,142

0 members and 3,142 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bad Neck Kink

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts

Re: Bad Neck Kink

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Bye View Post
    The breeders guarantee was for 7 days, but my wife had him 2 weeks prior to Christmas, so the time had passed by the time I got him.
    Where did she hide it from you for 2 weeks? Don't tell me in a box under the Christmas tree!
    1.0 Freddy -Python Regius
    Darby -Boa Imperator
    Kenny -Morelia Bredli
    La Reina -Lampropeltis Californiae
    1.0 Luciano -Drymarchon Melanurus Unicolor
    0.1 Macarena -Heterodon Nasicus Nasicus
    1.0 Hugo -Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli

Morelia Mafia For Life

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),MR Snakes (12-30-2018),zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    There is a facebook page for inquiries, praise and criticism now. It gets a LOT of traffic, I dare say even more so then Fauna Classified.

You should look it up , ask to join, and then post. Just like with Fauna, make sure you read the rules and then post with all information you have. Pictures, screen shots of text messages, anything at all.

FBI - Feedback and Inquiries For Reptiles << that is it, find it on facebook

I did a search on there and there are 2 posts regarding that breeder. Each time nothing but praise...Although those posts aren't that long. One has 34 comments, that one was an inquiry. Then there is a praise one, with 4 comments.

Doesn't mean he didn't mess up this time and shouldn't be held accountable.

You will definitely need to answer how and where the snake was housed while your wife kept it a secret. Even the breeder will question whether it has been housed correctly. Even though that doesn't change a kink in the neck.

Just have all your ducks in a row and then go with it. You can 100% ask for your money back through paypal. Do a charge back. Do NOT euthanize the snake. While it may be the kind thing to do, while all this is going on, it needs to stay alive. And you may have to return it.

While its easy to be noble online and say the snake shouldn't go back to that guy, this is $500 we are talking about. It is not fair to you that you should have that loss.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),CALM Pythons (12-31-2018),redshepherd (12-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,830 Times in 11,847 Posts
    And again, how did she make the payment? Might be able to get a refund thru credit card but you have to make a complaint & quickly.
    What that seller did is despicable... and I'd still tell the Morph Market folks, you're probably not the only one he has cheated, you know.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-30-2018),zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    Where did she hide it from you for 2 weeks? Don't tell me in a box under the Christmas tree!
    Ha, no she took good care of it. We have a spare room that she put it in with an appropriate enclosure and made it off limits to me. I had a feeling she had probably bought a snake for me but I was good and stayed out of the room until Christmas. She has always had reptiles and snakes since she was a kid, she just did not know about kinks and the problems that they create.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russell Bye For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    And again, how did she make the payment? Might be able to get a refund thru credit card but you have to make a complaint & quickly.
    What that seller did is despicable... and I'd still tell the Morph Market folks, you're probably not the only one he has cheated, you know.
    I just asked her about payment and she used google pay, I guess similar to paypal, I am not familiar with it. We will check into it though. Thanks.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russell Bye For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018),zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,830 Times in 11,847 Posts

I just asked her about payment and she used google pay, I guess similar to paypal, I am not familiar with it. We will check into it though. Thanks.
    Same thing...it's credit, you have rights.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (12-31-2018),zina10 (12-30-2018)

Thanks
    Searched for his business name as well as his full name on Fauna Classifieds BOI as well. Nothing.

He does seem to care about his reputation and no-one yet has anything bad to say about him. At least not that I could find on inquiry boards/pages or even google. (under business and personal name)

So maybe this is not typical for him? Maybe there is hope to come to some resolution?

I still say, call him out on it on those pages. People WILL reply. And if he cares about his reputation and he did wrong, he should make it right. The scammers just disappear for a few months, but he doesn't seem to be one of those from what I could gather.
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    There is a facebook page for inquiries, praise and criticism now. It gets a LOT of traffic, I dare say even more so then Fauna Classified.

You should look it up , ask to join, and then post. Just like with Fauna, make sure you read the rules and then post with all information you have. Pictures, screen shots of text messages, anything at all.

FBI - Feedback and Inquiries For Reptiles << that is it, find it on facebook

I did a search on there and there are 2 posts regarding that breeder. Each time nothing but praise...Although those posts aren't that long. One has 34 comments, that one was an inquiry. Then there is a praise one, with 4 comments.

Doesn't mean he didn't mess up this time and shouldn't be held accountable.

You will definitely need to answer how and where the snake was housed while your wife kept it a secret. Even the breeder will question whether it has been housed correctly. Even though that doesn't change a kink in the neck.

Just have all your ducks in a row and then go with it. You can 100% ask for your money back through paypal. Do a charge back. Do NOT euthanize the snake. While it may be the kind thing to do, while all this is going on, it needs to stay alive. And you may have to return it.

While its easy to be noble online and say the snake shouldn't go back to that guy, this is $500 we are talking about. It is not fair to you that you should have that loss.
    All good advice. He does have a multitude of other snake sales, and probably does ok on the most part because honestly most snakes are problem free. I think he has a cinnamon line that has genetic problems, if you look at his supers he has sold in the past, a number of them state that they have kinks. I think he should cull his bad line and focus on the good. For me I would have been fine if he would just own up to selling a bad snake and take responsibility for it. I have to say, I read all the communication between the breeder and my wife. He was very pleasant. She specifically asked him if the kink would be an issue and he assured her it would not be. He tone changed completely when I approached him about the condition of the snake and sent him this same video. He became very defensive.
    thanks for the advice.

Thanks

All good advice. He does have a multitude of other snake sales, and probably does ok on the most part because honestly most snakes are problem free. I think he has a cinnamon line that has genetic problems, if you look at his supers he has sold in the past, a number of them state that they have kinks. I think he should cull his bad line and focus on the good. For me I would have been fine if he would just own up to selling a bad snake and take responsibility for it. I have to say, I read all the communication between the breeder and my wife. He was very pleasant. She specifically asked him if the kink would be an issue and he assured her it would not be. He tone changed completely when I approached him about the condition of the snake and sent him this same video. He became very defensive.
    thanks for the advice.
    Then bring all of it out in the open! Post it. Including the video. True, you were told about the kink, so there was no misrepresentation. But you were told the kink didn't seem to bother the snake.

So here are my questions.

What does the snake weigh now? What did it weigh when you got it? How often has it fed for the breeder and what did he feed it ?
    You say the bad problem started after the snake ate its first meal with you ? What exactly happened during that feed? Was the snake able to kill (unless f/t) constrict and eat it without problem? With problems? Was the tail limp and the snake flailing BEFORE that meal and after you got it ?
    Zina

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018)

Thanks

thanks for the advice.
    It’s not just his line. The super cinnamon morph is known for having defects. That’s the reason a lot of people don’t breed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jbabycsx For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-30-2018)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast